PDA

View Full Version : Type 54

Big B
08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
I have ordered daves video it has not arrived yet I am still trying to figure out if it is worth trying to get my type 54 I hear it is hard to get in CT and I really like the 1.4 stuff out there I only want to add a couple of thunder kings to my shows any input would be great Thanks in advance

UniversalPyro
08-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Obtaining your license is the easy part. Paperwork, fingerprints, background check and ATF Meeting to go over regulations and rules. And the money for uncle sam.

Its when you go to do your show it can a little more involved with permits, shooters license, insurance, property sites etc, you need to know what your state and local town want you to have before you proceed. You do need common sense and a good head on your shoulders. Join a club and get some experience on shoots, take a class or two on display shooting (PGI). Safety first! Good Luck. It is well worth it to get the license.

Pyro Nation
08-14-2012, 08:33 PM
Couldnt of said it better myself as Universal has said.

Welcome to the forum and keep us posted on your progress and if ya need any help

PyroJoeNEPA
08-15-2012, 12:08 PM
I agree with above comments 100%. However, If all you want is a little "thump" in your shows consider adding the Tannerite M25's which is "UN0431 Articles Pyrotechnics 1.4" and available for you to purchase. A lot more money per item vs the Thinder King, but you can legally purchase them. Tannerite is a sponsor here on the Forum. Look for them under the "Advertisers" link.

And, by the way, welcome to the Forum!

Big B
08-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the thoughts I dont light many fireworks in ct because it is near impossible to get permission from the state and local gov most fireworks I light on private property in NH I looked on the web site as suggested and it looks as if I am I the same boat they only want to sell that item to a licensed person I have been shooting fireworks for over 20 years and have had the chance to help out with some professional show along the way I will have to see when the dvd comes what I decide

Big B
08-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Alright the dvd came and I watched it seems very straight forward I think i am going to go for it, I was wondering if anyone in my area(CT) has recently gotten there type 54 and what they did about contingence storage also I cant seem to find any suppliers of 1.3 close to me or with in the 100 mile range any help would be great

Big B
08-31-2012, 07:28 AM
I am still looking for a storage letter the closest place that I have found that would give one is about 180 miles from me I dont know if this will be acceptable with the atf can someone please help me out with this as I would really like to get this going.

Steviet000
08-31-2012, 09:56 PM
I am still looking for a storage letter the closest place that I have found that would give one is about 180 miles from me I dont know if this will be acceptable with the atf can someone please help me out with this as I would really like to get this going.

Honestly I would just try it? Worst they can do is you need a better location. IMO they want that $100 and they seemed laid back when I went through the process. Then while you are waiting keep looking and then youll have another if they said something and you wont waste anymore time. Hope that helps