PDA

View Full Version : displayfireworks1 current project

displayfireworks1
07-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Hello

Sending out an update for my youtube channel and pyrotalk. I am currently working on a consumer fireworks display with a friend. This will be a small fireworks display in the $1000.00 USD range. The display will not use any 1.3 fireworks. The challenge with this type of display is creating a finale without the use of salutes. This will be a backyard fireworks display for a birthday party.
We purchased the 1.4 fireworks without knowing the performance of 80% of what we purchased. The person I am helping will try to use list of the 500 gram cakes purchased, look them up on the distributors youtube channel and design a display. I will assist him with the Cobra Wireless Firing System and build the show to his design. He is new to this so it should be fun. I will help create the finale. At the time of this email we have the 1.4 fireworks purchased but have not shot the display. The 1.4 fireworks were purchased from one of my advertisers so we will get a chance to see their products in action. The video should post in the next 10 days.

Dave displayfireworks1

Big Show
07-28-2012, 09:31 PM
This should be really good. This is the type of thing I look forward to seeing. Dave, have you though about doing any scripted firing to Music? I know Scott has decent script maker program from Cobra for pyromusicals?

EddieD
07-28-2012, 09:32 PM
That's cool. Really looking to see how well it comes out and get some ideas. That's my plan for next year's 4th at my house since I really don't have the room for any 1.3s at this location.

SilverBullet Pyro
07-28-2012, 09:43 PM
Well it should look great I do a nice little Family show every year and im 15 so i cant get my hands on 1.3 product so its all luck finding loud stuff like salutes and if ya find em u better get what ya can before they go off the shelfs LOL i like using more shells than 500 gram cakes and cant wait to see that video sure it will look great

displayfireworks1
07-29-2012, 12:26 AM
I am hoping many backyard fireworks people can relate to this upcoming video because it may represent a fireworks display they may do in their backyard with all 1.4 product.
With Cobra Firing Systems one of my sponsors I am sure eventually I will pick up one of the new scripted remotes. I helped build and work the computers on choreographed fireworks displays build never wrote a computer program for fireworks. Most large fireworks companies have very few people writing these programs. They need more people to work the displays that they do to write them. Many fireworks companies are using the same programs on many display. An example is if a fireworks company is selling 10 thousand dollar displays that are computerized they may be using the same standard program in multiple cites.
I keep hinting to my sponsors, someone should create a programed display for the Cobra Firing System. Then someone can purchase the display and the computer program together. You just need to load it up and follow the printed sheet the same way a technician does working for a company only it is your own display. Then they sell us a display the same way they sell a display .
I think it may be easier to write a program for 1.3 fireworks than it would be for consumer fireworks. Most Choregraphed display I worked had mortars. It would imagine mortar firings are easier to time when setting up the programs. Problem is most of us so not have all those racks or mortars.

Starxplor
07-29-2012, 01:28 AM
I can't wait to see this video. We have been using 1.4 stuff since 1998 and 2012 was the first time we tried stringing some together thanks to daves magic tape. I already have a small remote for next year, and plan to do a 500USD finale. I hope there is some talk in the video about the process of looking up the unknown product.

kgfireworks
07-30-2012, 12:55 AM
YouTube is great for finding product demo videos, unless its a lesser known company. Were were purchasing a bunch of Windmill/Beihai/Kylin 1.4g stuff this year and it was very difficult to find demos online. It all ended up being nice stuff, just a little scary when you're paying all that money.

Pyro Nation
07-30-2012, 08:15 PM
Well, Thats cool cant wait for the video, but I know A lot of people have been doing this for years. Me being one of them IM not really sure what the big deal is in not using 1.3 Though. Gets done all the time. I now use 1.3 in mix since I did get my BATFE 54 (Thanks Dave) for a couple years now.

Dont really think there is much of a challenge anymore with not having salutes at the end. Could always end on Willows or Brocades or if ya really want The M25 Airburst from Tannerite will give ya a BANG

valpoboom
07-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I am really excited to see this as I am just really starting expanding my knowledge in the hobby. Improving on my 1.4 shows and this year getting my BATFE 54(Thanks to Dave) and adding a little punch.