PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 - Applied - Interview Thursday- THANKS DAVE!

Kickthefog
07-24-2012, 10:18 AM
Hi all,

After I ordered Dave's ATF Type 54 videos to fill out my Type 54 application, I sent it in and they received it on 6-26-12. They charged my credit card for the 100 bucks, 2 days later on 6-28. I got the call yesterday, 7-23-12 for my interview which is in 2 days on 7-26-12. So I just wanted to mention that the whole process will take exactly a month for me, post 4th of July, here in Erie PA. Not too bad at all. It seems like a lot longer but I guess it’s harder to wait when you are just watching the clock.

The guy I spoke to seems really nice and I'm looking forward to talking with him.

Dave: I just wanted to say THANK YOU AGAIN! Until I discovered you and your site, I had no idea how possible it was to take my life-long hobby to the next level!

THANK YOU!
Pat

nitro25
07-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Awesome!! Let us know how the interview went. Can't complain on how fast it is going.

PyroManiacs
07-24-2012, 06:56 PM
Pat,
What were the main things you read over in the ATF "orange" book?
Should I just basically read the whole thing? Or is there just a certain section pertaining to 1.3?

PyroManiacs
07-24-2012, 06:57 PM
Pat,
What were the main things you read over in the ATF "orange" book?
Should I just basically read the whole thing? Or is there just a certain section pertaining to 1.3?

UniversalPyro
07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Hey Pat, im not very far from you, south down in Clarion, Pa. Just curious, do you have a Magazine? if not, since the usually rule of thumb is around 100 miles for storage, what choices do you have for 1.3? Besides Kellners?

PyroManiacs
07-24-2012, 10:28 PM
Sorry about the double post, i dont know how that happened.

Kickthefog
07-25-2012, 10:29 AM
PyroManiac: I actually haven't referenced the orange book at all. I've just read up all I could on this forum and talked to as many people I could talk to to gather all the info I could. I feel I have a very good understanding of the 1.3 rules. Now of course, i don't know everything to say the least, but that is what the interview is for. So I don't feel the least bit worried that I don't fully understand everything since that is why the ATF is coming to the house. To educate me on what not to do and make sure I understand the rules. If you buy and watch Dave's videos, he explains it very well also. i have alot of questions for the ATF guy also, which will show him that I am willing to learn and want to know how to be safe and legal which is something I strongly desire.

UniversalPyro: No, I don't have a Magazine. I used Kellners for my type54 application and honestly was wondering the same.... what options do I have if any in our area? I'm looking forward to buying from Kellners but of course, options are nice. I planned to look around but have not done so yet. I figured I would wait until my application was approved and if so... then worry about it. Looks like I will be able to start looking if all goes well tomorrow, which I'm sure it will.

Northern Sky
07-25-2012, 12:40 PM
Pat. I am in Erie too and have had my 54 for a while now. Our BATF agent is a super guy. The interview process with him is not intimidating at all. If you have any questions we can get together.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Good luck with your interview. It is nothing like being sent to the Principle's Office!! The ATF field agents are there to help you. Looking forward to your next post telling us how surprised you were that it went so smooth.

UniversalPyro
07-25-2012, 04:15 PM
you'll have no problems with the interview. we will have to get together and shoot sometime. i will pm you for some other locations for 1.3 suppliers.

Kickthefog
07-25-2012, 08:53 PM
Thanks everyone!

Northern Sky: Very cool! A fellow Erie Pyro! We'll have to chat at some point and perhaps shoot some stuff someday. So it is always the same Agent that shows up in this area? I was wondering about that if I might get one agent one time and a different person the next. He did indeed seem very nice.

PyroJoe: Thanks much. How did you know I was all too familiar with the Principal's office!? hehe

Universal Pyro: Sounds good. I'll look for the PM. Appreciate the info. There's some great 1.4 suppliers as sponsors here on Dave's site but have been wondering about 1.3 stuff nearby. Sure thing, be happy to get together at some point.

I'll drop another message on this thread tomorrow afternoon after its all wrapped up.

This is great.. I feel like a kid again, getting my drivers license or something. hehehe

Pat

Kickthefog
07-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Update: All went well. About 90 minutes of discussion and review, and I should be getting a pretty envelope soon! He was a very nice and helpful guy who answered all of my questions, most of which he answered while he explained everything in detail. A pretty darn good feeling to have all but the waiting behind me.

I'm already thinking about my ATF folder that I'll need to keep with all my records for the re-inspection in 3 years (if not before that). :)

Pat

PyroJoeNEPA
07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Those blue envelopes sure are PURRRRTY!!! Glad to hear all went well.

UniversalPyro
07-26-2012, 09:17 PM
glad to hear it went well, now in the future you will see the same kind of nervousness from other fellow pyros and you can tell them how it is.

Kickthefog
07-26-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks guys!

Yes indeed... I can help calm future applicant's having been through it now myself. As you guys have said... It's not bad at all! :)

I appreciate your thoughts and encouragement up till today.

Pat

Northern Sky
07-26-2012, 11:13 PM
That is great news.

We need to get together and celebrate with some Morning Glories or something appropriate.

Kickthefog
08-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Hi all:

UPDATE! 3 pretty blue envelopes arrived today! I am officially type 54 licensed! MANY thanks to Dave, his dvd package, and all the members here on this great forum for all the wealth of information that has been provided to me!

First stop... Kellners! :)

Pat

PyroManiacs
08-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Congratulations Pat, glad to hear!!

displayfireworks1
08-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Pat

Congratulation you now have a good reason to use your Cobra Modules in the future. I send you a message in your email please check it out.

UniversalPyro
08-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Congrats! I will keep you posted when were doing shoots here on my property! If you like you can join us at the shows we do.

PyroJoeNEPA
08-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Congrats!!! Let the fun begin!

Kickthefog
08-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Congrats! I will keep you posted when were doing shoots here on my property! If you like you can join us at the shows we do.

Hey, thats very nice of you. I appreciate the invite! Absolutely, I'd love to join you some time. Thanks!

Congrats!!! Let the fun begin!

Thanks PyroJoe!

Congratulations Pat, glad to hear!!

Thanks Pyromaniac!

:)

Northern Sky
08-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Sorry I am late congratulating you. The connection in my hotel at PGI was really slow so I didn't get on.

Kickthefog
08-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Sorry I am late congratulating you. The connection in my hotel at PGI was really slow so I didn't get on.

No Problem. Thanks Northern Sky. Appreciate it.

Pat