PDA

View Full Version : Business Venture in Class C Retail....

PyroManiacs
07-23-2012, 05:57 PM
This is for anyone who owns their own business already.

I would like you to PM me and I can tell you where I stand in my business venture.

The steps I found on the internet dont really go into detail about anything.

My fiance and I want to start this business because we want to work for ourselves and we fully understand and are aware that this takes full dedication and hard work.

I have 8 Military years of administrating and management. My fiance is very good with accounting and finances and also is taking classes for business management.
I also have a friend that runs his own business and he is kind of helping us with a business plan, but hes pretty busy all the time to actually sit down and have a long session about it.

We just dont know much about the Laws/Rules/Regulations for Commerce in Pa in the field of Fireworks. We are hoping to have someone who already knows the business kind of be our "guiding light" with any questions we have.

This is my absolute dream job. And I would be VERY appreciative if anyone can give us some more inside knowledge of the business.

We are also deciding whether or not to start it up seasonally at first or just jump right in full time.

I dont want any posts saying anything negative on this topic, just knowledge and insight.

Thank You in advance.

displayfireworks1
07-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Companies like wfboom.com aka Wholesale Fireworks in Hubbard Ohio will let you sell their brand. If you listen to the last few minutes of my video tour when Ray is talking, you will hear him mention it. Like any business venture, you are going to need a nice amount of up front cash to purchase the product you are going to sell. You are going to need a brick and mortar store that meets many fire codes. To sell the full line of Consumer Fireworks in Pennsylvania you are also going to need a certificate or whatever it is called from the Department of Agriculture, last I heard it was $5000.00 per year. There are times I wonder how independent fireworks people like Kneppys Fireworks mange to do it sometimes. It can be an extremely competitive business.
I would recommend working a tent or a location for a larger company during the peak season to get a taste of the business.
If you do start your own fireworks sales. Remember, early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise (preferably on pyrotalk).

PyroManiacs
07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Thanks Dave. I did mean to say that I would gladly advertise on Pyrotalk.

jknepp1954
07-23-2012, 08:31 PM
Companies like wfboom.com aka Wholesale Fireworks in Hubbard Ohio will let you sell their brand. If you listen to the last few minutes of my video tour when Ray is talking, you will hear him mention it. Like any business venture, you are going to need a nice amount of up front cash to purchase the product you are going to sell. You are going to need a brick and mortar store that meets many fire codes. To sell the full line of Consumer Fireworks in Pennsylvania you are also going to need a certificate or whatever it is called from the Department of Agriculture, last I heard it was $5000.00 per year. There are times I wonder how independent fireworks people like Kneppys Fireworks mange to do it sometimes. It can be an extremely competitive business.
I would recommend working a tent or a location for a larger company during the peak season to get a taste of the business.
If you do start your own fireworks sales. Remember, early to bed, early to rise, work like hell, and advertise (preferably on pyrotalk).
We wonder the same thing here ourselves. ;)
Pyromaniac - see your pm

Steviet000
07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
See this is a prime example of Pyrotalk.com. A person thats in need of alittle help (questions etc.) and nice people step in to help. Thats why I'm here and what it's all about. Goodluck and hope everything goes well Pyromaniac. Pyrotalk should be the name of your store lol

PyroManiacs
07-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Hah... nice.

Pyro Nation
07-23-2012, 10:59 PM
I will shop there... well if there is a discount..lol

pyromustang
07-24-2012, 02:20 AM
in the past i have had a indoor mini golf/video store/rent to owen/fireworks stores and shaved ice stand.its a 24hr 7 day a week job but i loved it. yes it is a lot of work but it paid for my house and now im debt free. the va doctors told me to slow down or die. so i now help a friend run a year round fireworks store.email me with number and ill call and talk.

PyroManiacs
07-24-2012, 06:39 PM
@Pyroliffic - of course. I would actually give a discount to anyone if they mentioned something like "pyrotalk", just because everyone on this website has been so helpful and informative, and this is where it will have all started for me.

@pyromustang - PM sent.