PDA

View Full Version : Excal being manufactured?

displayfireworks1
07-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Check out this video at the 3:44 mark on. It looks like they are making and packaging World Class Fireworks Excalibur artillery shells. It may hurt for some men to know this but many fireworks are made by woman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VB-1txW0HMw&feature=g-vrec

jknepp1954
07-23-2012, 11:08 AM
I think this was a vid from back in 2009 when BIGS still did drop shipments with World Class Products.
Very interesting though - I keep saying "one of these days" I am going to China to take my own walk through these factories.

RAA516
07-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Yes this video has been around for a while in just about 95% of these firework making videos a women is making the fireworks the only times i have seen guys in these types of videos is when they are working with the stars and black powder. Is it bc the women have smaller hands and is easier for them to put the fuse in the tubes

PyroJoeNEPA
07-23-2012, 02:31 PM
It has been studied and documented that women workers in the USA are better at repetitive, monotonous job tasks than men are. Look at the garment industry here in the USA--you see very few, if any, men at sewing machines doing "piece work" in a factory. I would assume this is the case in China also.
Like Joyce said, it would be great to take a walk through some of these fireworks factories. Another thing to put on my "bucket list".

PyroManiacs
07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Wow, absolutely amazing video!!

OH MY AT 4:35!! I want all those!! :)

UniversalPyro
07-23-2012, 09:55 PM
what really hurts and is sad that USA can't manufacture fireworks and be competitive like making those. Who cares about whether the women do it.

pyromustang
07-24-2012, 02:24 AM
what really hurts and is sad that USA can't manufacture fireworks and be competitive like making those. Who cares about whether the women do it I agree 100%

valpoboom
07-24-2012, 08:42 PM
what really hurts and is sad that USA can't manufacture fireworks and be competitive like making those. Who cares about whether the women do it.

It would really be great to see items that we use to celebrate with be made right here.

Starxplor
07-24-2012, 08:52 PM
If everyone was willing to pay a bit more for the product, they could be made here. As long as we all want the cheapest price possible, the companies making the works will find places they can pay as little as possible to have them made.
I believe there was a video about a certain type of ematch or ignitor that was made in the US, but cost a bit extra which was a perfect example.

Runescape
07-24-2012, 11:30 PM
Yea those are excals...at 6:03 you can see the box says "INSERT FOR EXCALIBUR FOR RE-PROCESSING IN U.S.A."

Goldfish19
07-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Ahhh, what I would give to be the quality control tester for this factory! :)

PyroManiacs
07-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Ahhh, what I would give to be the quality control tester for this factory! :)

Im right there with you on that one!!

SilverBullet Pyro
07-25-2012, 09:16 PM
Well at least some of the work is done in the United States WFBoom just recently started packaging some of their stuff in the U.S bringing back a couple hundred jobs the said if im not mistaking.But as previous post said bringing all the work to the states would cost a little more but we would probably get a much better product. I would have no problem paying a little more for something made in the U.S.