PDA

View Full Version : Met Dave Today!

logansrun
07-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Went to my first CrackerJack's shoot this afternoon, and had the pleasure of meeting up with Dave! GREAT GUY!

Upon initial meeting, he took me around to meet some of the guys, vendors, and showed me around the fireworks that he'd bought. Totally cool thing to do!

But the best part was, he'd bought a bunch of 1.3g shells, and gave me the opportunity to light them! I'd never done a 1.3g item before, and needless to say....WOW! And they were just 2.5" shells! But man, the difference between Class B and C is amazing! And for him to allow me to shoot 4-5 off without blinking an eye, was totally cool!

I unfortunately had to leave WAAAY early as my little one came down with a fever, and puke. Sucks, but that's life.

Anyway, bottom line: Dave's a Friggin Cool Dude, and we're lucky to have him! If you ever get the opportunity to meet him, you'll understand what I mean!

And Dave, if you read this, anytime you're in VA again, let me know, and I'll have some raw oysters waiting! I owe you BIG TIME for the experiences!!!!

Cheers!

PyroManiacs
07-21-2012, 08:48 PM
Yea, just from watching his videos, he seems like a mad awesome guy. I cannot wait to get my type 54(which I will be purchasing from Dave) to shoot 1.3g shells, just to hear the difference between 1.75" and even just 2.5" shells let alone 3,4,and 5's....sheeeit even 6's and 8's. IT MUST BE INTENSE!

bweaver1985
07-21-2012, 11:24 PM
All 1.3 Products kick ass. Look @ this cake we used for shooter training.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPbLpxPXoxU&feature=plcp

floridapyro
07-22-2012, 12:08 AM
Yea, just from watching his videos, he seems like a mad awesome guy. I cannot wait to get my type 54(which I will be purchasing from Dave) to shoot 1.3g shells, just to hear the difference between 1.75" and even just 2.5" shells let alone 3,4,and 5's....sheeeit even 6's and 8's. IT MUST BE INTENSE!

Seriously man if you think your buying a 54 from Dave you need to stick to smoke bombs!

bweaver1985
07-22-2012, 12:55 AM
Seriously man if you think your buying a 54 from Dave you need to stick to smoke bombs!

Thats not right LOL...

pyromustang
07-22-2012, 01:25 AM
Originally Posted by floridapyro
Seriously man if you think your buying a 54 from Dave you need to stick to smoke bombs!This is not the universe. lets try and be nice to each member here.

PyroManiacs
07-22-2012, 02:18 AM
@ Floridapyro... You seriously think I thought I can buy a type 54 license from somebody without going through an ATF application. Maybe it is you that needs to stick to smoke bombs. Did you know I did 8 years in the US Army and now a Veteran, have a very close cousin who is a Pennsylvania State Trooper and another who works for the FBI, and you would think I dont know that I need to apply for a license?

Over 90 posts behind me since June of this year must mean I have been doing research and asking a lot of questions not to mention I have been around fireworks my whole life. So I OBVIOUSLY know I have to apply for a license. But if you cant read through a typo, misprint, or maybe I left a word out by accident....like, "application", then I feel bad for you. I couldnt go back and edit because it was over 5 minutes from when I realized I left a word out. So I just left it. And who asked you to comment on my shit anyway?! Why you have to come right in and be dick about it. You trying to prove something? I have nothing to prove. Just a whole lot to learn from the veterans of the hobby so I can enjoy shooting 1.3 with the guys in my own state when the time comes around.

I dont like to start with anyone because Im not that kind of person, but If anyone starts with me, I will put them in their place.
Ive seen many many things through these eyes and I dont need to be bothered with negative remarks anymore in my life. So maybe you should grow up and be polite because its people like you that give US a bad rep.

So anyway this it what it should have looked like...
V
"Yea, just from watching his videos, he seems like a mad awesome guy. I cannot wait to get my type 54 "APPLICATION"(which I will be purchasing from Dave) to shoot 1.3g shells, just to hear the difference between 1.75" and even just 2.5" shells let alone 3,4,and 5's....sheeeit even 6's and 8's. IT MUST BE INTENSE!"

Sorry Dave for you having to see ignorance of some people in your forums.

coachtimmyj
07-22-2012, 07:17 AM
Wow, I just thought the guy was pulling your chain, but obviously, there must be some kind of history here for you to go off like that! BTW...

"Yea, just from watching his videos, he seems like a mad awesome guy. I cannot wait to get my type 54 "APPLICATION"(which I will be purchasing from Dave) to shoot 1.3g shells, just to hear the difference between 1.75" and even just 2.5" shells let alone 3,4,and 5's....sheeeit even 6's and 8's. IT MUST BE INTENSE!"

you won't be purchasing your type 54 application from Dave either LOL. The only thing you're purchasing from Dave is a video which will give you all the answers which are available for free all over the internet. :) Sorry man, had to bust your balls a little after the tirade. ;)

BTW, thank you for your service to our country, if we ever run across each other, your drink, meal, whatever, is on me.

One last thing, just for the record, ANY of you guys can come down to our events and shoot 1.3 any time you like without a permit. As a matter of fact, any club you join will let you do this under their license, it's a benefit of being in the club. I highly recommend joining a club for ALL the experiences available.

UniversalPyro
07-22-2012, 08:47 AM
Timmy, you seem very intelligent/professional in the fireworks business. Just curious if you would explain or want to, whats your experience with the fireworks industry?

PyroManiacs
07-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Yes omg haha, I know its a "dvd package"!! :)

Coach, I took his statement negatively from first thought. If it was not meant that way, then I apologize. But there was no reason for that to be said in any way shape or form...He doesnt know me and we have never talked in any other thread on here, ya know what Im saying? So to just come into a thread and say that, Its just unnacceptable in this friendly environment, in which I have been nothing but. This is a learning/fun forum is it not? At least he could of said that he was bustin my balls if that was the case. But that statement has no context of that emotion. Thats all.

I have now moved on from that little situation and ready to talk about "firework" stuff again

I am looking forward to joining a club in Pa soon. And also thanks for the offer as I will keep that in mind, you are in MD which is not far.
Or actually it depends on where your at in MD. Even where they shoot in PA can be anywhere between 2 and 6 hours from me :(
If you are under 2 hours, that would be awesome.

What is it that you are involved with that allows you to have us down there to shoot freely?
PM sent

indianahx
07-22-2012, 09:24 AM
All 1.3 Products kick ass. Look @ this cake we used for shooter training

That looked like one of the modular/swipe cakes you can build on site. What kind was it?

1.75 salutes are intense....everything else just makes you drool

Funny, I got the joke

This is not the universe. lets try and be nice to each member here.

Really getting tired of "the universe" card on here. Supposedly there's no room for anything to be said from that site but by god we can talk trash the other direction. Its unfair to those of us who are here for the good of the pyro community and then get labeled an asshole just because I am also a part of another site that some don't like.

@ Floridapyro... You seriously think I thought I can buy a type 54 license from somebody without going through an ATF application. Maybe it is you that needs to stick to smoke bombs. Did you know I did 8 years in the US Army and now a Veteran, have a very close cousin who is a Pennsylvania State Trooper and another who works for the FBI, and you would think I dont know that I need to apply for a license?

Over 90 posts behind me since June of this year must mean I have been doing research and asking a lot of questions not to mention I have been around fireworks my whole life. So I OBVIOUSLY know I have to apply for a license. But if you cant read through a typo, misprint, or maybe I left a word out by accident....like, "application", then I feel bad for you. I couldnt go back and edit because it was over 5 minutes from when I realized I left a word out. So I just left it. And who asked you to comment on my shit anyway?! Why you have to come right in and be dick about it. You trying to prove something? I have nothing to prove. Just a whole lot to learn from the veterans of the hobby so I can enjoy shooting 1.3 with the guys in my own state when the time comes around.

I dont like to start with anyone because Im not that kind of person, but If anyone starts with me, I will put them in their place.
Ive seen many many things through these eyes and I dont need to be bothered with negative remarks anymore in my life. So maybe you should grow up and be polite because its people like you that give US a bad rep.

So anyway this it what it should have looked like...
V

Sorry Dave for you having to see ignorance of some people in your forums.

Man, I wouldn't take it that seriously. Unless he comes out and says "I really wanted to be a dick" Im pretty sure he was just busting your balls. This is pyro talk. The same could be said for Facebook or yahoo or a phone forum......nobody is here to "get" anybody. I think everything was just taken out of context.

By the way, thanks for your service.

Timmy, you seem very intelligent/professional in the fireworks business. Just curious if you would explain or want to, whats your experience with the fireworks industry?

Yes he is, and again, about the clubs, can't stress it enough it's a GREAT Time!!!!!

PyroManiacs
07-22-2012, 09:41 AM
Like I said. Im over it.
If it was not meant in bad blood, then I apologize.
Im not afraid of admitting when I am wrong if thats the case.
After my service years I have learned to be straight forward, thats all. Not my fault. THANKS UNCLE SAM!!! hahah

pyromustang
07-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Really getting tired of "the universe" card on here. Supposedly there's no room for anything to be said from that site but by god we can talk trash the other direction. Its unfair to those of us who are here for the good of the pyro community and then get labeled an asshole just because I am also a part of another site that some don't like.99% of the members there are great people. but they trash this forum and dave all the time.they talk about dave at the pgi and and his shxt videos and how they should get 10% off and pyrotalk members should pay 10% more.i read your post and have no problem with you.Im sure i will see a post from you to stop playing the pyrotalk card and trashing pyrotalk on there forum soon.

jknepp1954
07-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Just to get coach's back - he is a member of a club called - Pa Pyro Artists.
Also President of the NLPC - Northern Lighters PYrotechnics Club, and works for a certain Display company in Central, Pa. (a non advertiser)
He also was on the pyro team who led Dominator to its WIN at the NFA in 2011.
Coach also is the reason why there is a M.A.F.F. - he dared to defy the odds in doing a open club shoot in the state of Maryland and did what was said at the time couldn't be done.
I usually don't chime in slamming tactics - but all need to take a chill pill. This horrible heat wave we are suffering through puts tempers into a heated frenzy as well.
Now come out with your best smile and good nature - we are all this forum for one reason - to TALK PYRO!
BTW - Pyromaniac and others on here who has served our country well - we all truly appreciate your service to our country. When you come to Kneppy's - I have a little special "something" to give to our service men - good while supplies last. ;)

logansrun
07-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry this thread went off course! Not what I was expecting...:-(

I'll reiterate, it was an absolute pleasure meeting up with Dave, as well as becoming a member of the CrackerJacks! I wish I'd had more time to stay, but the time I spent was great. And being able to see Dave at work, was pretty cool! Rock Star in the making!

BTW: Who's "Coach" Knepp"y"? Am I missing something?

jknepp1954
07-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Logansrun - my response on coachtimmyj was due to this statement...

I was trying to edit my post but 5 min timer ran out.
I had met Dave personally 2 years ago at the NFA - heard alot about him though his videos and such - but i picked him out of a crowd just like that.
Too bad i was not able to go to the CJ's this past weekend. But we had a wedding to go to. Maybe in Oct we will go...
Also to go back to the OP statement - i wonder if maybe starting a thread on those who have actually met Dave - on how they met him, etc.

displayfireworks1
07-22-2012, 08:48 PM
I just returned from Virginia and the latest Crackerjack event. I met Logansrun aka “Todd” from the forums and he shot a few shells. He is also pursuing his ATF license. Check out the short video of him below. I also met another person I helped get his ATF license and he has advanced so far along he proposed to his girlfriend using lance work.
It saddens me to see the post start out with a compliment to me and excitement about fireworks and the possibly of a 1.3 license from another member. Then it turns into sarcasm and belittling a new member and further another person steps in and blames the victim that he somehow brought this on upon himself. Also some subtle remark about me and my ATF package.
It is classic PyroUniverse at its best. I want everyone from that website off pyrotalk discussion forums. They ran pyrouniverse to the ground and now want to move in on pyrotalk and move all that baggage over here. I tried to give a few people from that site a chance but it is over. My name is not Colin that is not going to work here. I not going to entertain this daily, if I suspect you are a major player from Pyro Universe I do not want you here. If you sign up, I am going to ban you. I would ask that you respect my request and move on. My advice is, start your own website and videos. I would love to have someone to compete with.
To the new people of pyrotalk and the people that have been following my fireworks videos for years please do feel this involves you at all, if you inadvertently are caught up in this, I am there for you. The mission will stay the same, have fun with fireworks, purchase more fireworks, find more occasions to use fireworks, bring new people in, get your ATF license, and enjoy my fun/educational fireworks videos.
I know I have the support of most members of the forums. I am asking to please not comment in a retaliatory way to further aggravate the situation. This may pop up from time to time but know, I am always keeping an eye on the forums and will correct it as necessary. Thank you for supporting pyrotalk and my youtube channel displayfireworks1

Dave displayfireworks1 pyrotalk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-PgYVvnYpY