PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Videos

bweaver1985
07-21-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm going out to get a GoProHD2 tomorrow for my fireworks videos. If it works good i will let you know it might be a cool camera to have for upclose HD shots.

pyromustang
07-21-2012, 12:36 AM
please let us know how it works. i use a sony hrd7 now. im looking for a upgrade.

TNtwister
07-21-2012, 10:16 AM
I was looking at that one myself. Hey, you can strap it to your head and use a remote to boot. That sounds exciting to me! I had one like PM has, just a tier level below. I like it OK, but the audio quality was poor when a lot of fireworks were going off at the same time...especially salutes.

Blackcatboom16
07-21-2012, 12:43 PM
i used a gopro camera to film my most recent show.. and the quality is GREAT! the cons to the camera are.. i used the R3 setting which is the widest filming setting and this bubles the screen a little which will make the fireworks look a little smaller than they are, but hard to notice that! the nice thing about the wide viewing angle is you hardly have to move the camera at all and it will get basically everything! :) the audio seems good! the gopro has a unique audio sound but still sounds nice!

the camera is great quality and you dont have to worry about the focus at all! it never goes out of focus!! :)

GApyroCHICK
07-21-2012, 01:56 PM
I have a GoPro too, but unfortunately, haven't been able to catch fireworks with it yet. 1st time batt was not charged and the 2nd I forgot to turn it on. (idiot!) It's encouraging to hear that y'all have had good results.

Hey Blackcat, GoPro now makes a lense that takes away the fish eye effect. You can pick em up at best Buy too. I haven't had the chance to pick it up yet.

TNtwister
07-21-2012, 02:26 PM
I have found that Newegg has really good deals on stuff camera related. Especially accessories.