PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks at the College 2012 video

displayfireworks1
07-17-2012, 11:51 AM
This is video from a setup and firing of a fireworks display at a college campus during the July 4th holiday. The video is from a pyro-technician perspective. The display company is VFI Fireworks. Fireworks used in the display are from Kellners Fireworks and International Pyrotechnic Importers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTSVmDzBrV8

LightningPhil
07-17-2012, 02:38 PM
You seemed slightly "perturbed" when you found your systems were left in the rain. I would have been a bit concerned as well, but like you said stuff happens and in the end no harm came to the handheld or the mods.

fatcat
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
WOW Great show

Steviet000
07-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Looked like a nice laid back time. Thanks for all the details. I love how there is also a story about where the shoots are. But my favorite part is when you show the food! lol j/k............... kinda

PyroManiacs
07-18-2012, 12:37 AM
wow amazing show. One of my faves as of just watching it once!!

tgis81
07-18-2012, 04:03 AM
Thanks for the compliments everyone. THANKS TO DAVE AGAIN for filming and doing an awesome job documenting from the technician's point of view! As for the Cobra units getting wet... when that storm came, it came in hard. Looked like it was just going to sprinkle a little, but changed quickly. The units with the covers had no problems, but the remote and the unprotected module caught some weather while we were scrambling to get everything under cover from the rain. It ended up holding up well though and had no problems at all.

It's really great to be able to watch the whole show over again and actually enjoy it. This was an important show for us at VFI Fireworks and it went very well. The client was impressed and everyone went home safe.

Special thanks to all the Carnegie Mellon University staff that made this show happen.

Tony

nitro25
07-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Nice show!! It amazes me that you can get an awesome show just from cakes. Fireworks sure have come along way, haven't they?

tarkus4
07-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Great show! I am sorry I wasn't able to make this one.