PDA

View Full Version : 2 Minute Pyro Musical

Rare_Breed
07-11-2012, 04:55 PM
Here's my second attempt at scripting to music. This was the opening to our 4th of July celebration.

Here's some show stats:
1 Merlock Firing System (32 cues)
3 series slats (32 cues ea, 1 at each position)
3 50ft centronics cables
31 cues
110 ematches
45 comets
39 mines
3 500g cakes
6 200g cakes

Pretty impressive for 1 32 cue digital system I think.

Hope you enjoy ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKf1OLppIdU

nitro25
07-11-2012, 05:15 PM
Awesome fireworks to go along with an awesome song!! You timing was really good. Nice job.

lilboomer42
07-11-2012, 08:39 PM
You NAILED the chorus man. Those are some sweet effects too. Very Impressive!!

LightningPhil
07-12-2012, 01:56 AM
Awesome!! I knew it was going to be short because you said only 2 minutes but by the end of it I wanted to see more!! Loved Blind Nightmare and this one just as much. Cant wait to see the next one!

jknepp1954
07-12-2012, 04:57 AM
Very impressive Rare Breed - you have come a long way since i met you grasshopper! LOL

Rare_Breed
07-12-2012, 05:09 AM
Very impressive Rare Breed - you have come a long way since i met you grasshopper! LOL

Thanks Joyce!!! Labor Day weekend will be my 1 yr anniversary, that's when I went to my first shoot. I've crammed as much information as I could in a very short time, hopefully this time next year I will be that much better.

Thanks everyone, hopefully it won't be to long before I have another video to share ;)

Big Show
07-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Wow, that was impressive. Great job, I love watching pyromusical, especially while on time. What software did you use?

Rare_Breed
07-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Wow, that was impressive. Great job, I love watching pyromusical, especially while on time. What software did you use?

Thank you!!! The show was scripted with Finale Fireworks software and was shot with a Merlock firing system using IonFire Finale Firer software. It all makes for a deadly accurate combination. What's really cool is that a normal guy like me can afford a digital firing system capable of firing dead nuts accurate pyro musicals, the advancements in technology are amazing.

Kickthefog
07-12-2012, 09:34 PM
Fanatastic show Rare_Breed.

How do you account for various delay's with Visco in Finale Fireworks Software? Or are you not using any visco on any of your products? If you are not doing that, does anyone know if there is a way?

I have the Cobra R2 and the demo version of Finale and have been playing around with this and hope to get your great results at some point. But I plan to always use alot of 1.4 product in my shows and so have always been hesitant to dive into buying Finale Pro and syncing, without knowing how to account for the fusing delays.

Thanks for any input.
Pat

Rare_Breed
07-12-2012, 09:49 PM
I matched directly into the lift on everything. For comets/mines I use a .05/sec prefire.

If you can't get your hands on matches, replace the visco with fast paper fuse and clip a talon as close to the lift as possible. With the .4sec/ft fast grey paper fuse and talons, you should get close to instant ignition even on mines and shells. It won't be ematch instant but it'll be close and consistent enough to use Finale with accurate results. Obviously you'll want to do some testing to figure out what prefire time works best for your set up.

Finale Pro is WELL worth the money ;)

Kickthefog
07-12-2012, 11:03 PM
I matched directly into the lift on everything. For comets/mines I use a .05/sec prefire.

If you can't get your hands on matches, replace the visco with fast paper fuse and clip a talon as close to the lift as possible. With the .4sec/ft fast grey paper fuse and talons, you should get close to instant ignition even on mines and shells. It won't be ematch instant but it'll be close and consistent enough to use Finale with accurate results. Obviously you'll want to do some testing to figure out what prefire time works best for your set up.

Finale Pro is WELL worth the money ;)

Awesome. Good info! Thanks very much! Appreciate it. :)

Pat

Rare_Breed
07-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Your very welcome, helping out fellow pyro's is what it's all about ;)

PyroJoeNEPA
07-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Great job!!! You have the feel for what you are doing. Looking forward to seeing your next project!

Big Show
07-14-2012, 09:09 PM
How did you get the audio to play so well into the YouTube player?

Rare_Breed
07-15-2012, 07:31 AM
We had to overlay the music, the music wasn't loud enough for the camera mic to pic it up. All the camera picked up was the people around it screaming and the fireworks, you could barely hear the music, now you can barely hear the fireworks and the crowd... it's a vicious cycle. I don't know how to edit video's so my buddy took care of it, I wanted to make sure everyone watching the video could hear the music and he did a good job making that happen.

Northern Sky
07-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Great display Rare_Breed. Good luck with the next big shoot.

GApyroCHICK
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
AWESOME JOB! You just made my day! I've always thought that was the PERFECT song for an intro!! And I've never seen it used before!

I'm not really a huge fan of pyro musicals, but that makes me wanna do one! (now I just need more product, the software, a new firing system, etc...etc... etc... and the list keeps going) :)

EddieD
07-23-2012, 09:13 PM
SWEET!!!! Especially loved the timing and set up for the chorus with the mines and the following shots.

pyromustang
07-24-2012, 02:28 AM
Nice job.you were right on cue. thanks for post.

valpoboom
07-24-2012, 01:37 PM
WOW!! I hope to one day be at your level. That was fantastic. Great effects.

SilverBullet Pyro
07-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Very Very nice perfect timing. Those are some very nice Effect and those shells what were they?? Very nice man and this is your second attempt looks great hope to see another

kgfireworks
07-31-2012, 12:38 AM
Simply amazing display man. Inspiring. Do you know of any videos demonstrating the method you talked about where you replace the visco with quick fuse? Is the Merlock a newer system, I've never heard of it.

kgfireworks
07-31-2012, 12:45 AM
Also, are those comets and mines consumer?

Northern Sky
08-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Everything is available to consumers.

kgfireworks
08-01-2012, 09:24 PM
This is true.