PDA

View Full Version : A clip from my first big 1.3 show

Boub
07-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Here is the "Post Show" from my 4th show this year. We had alot of problems due to rain and some fusing mishaps. It was our very first big show, so we have alot to learn to get it right for next year. Unfortunately, the pyromusical that I planned for had alot of dead space in it due to the misfires, so I posted the post show. I also place a camera pointing straight up in the middle of the shoot site. I will post some of that later on too.

I would like to extend a personal thanks to Dave for inspiring me to get my Type 54 permit, to elevate my hobby and for one kick butt roll of tape to hold it all together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wunVUZiB3b0&feature=youtu.be

UniversalPyro
07-10-2012, 10:39 PM
Looked pretty good, what brand shells are those? what firing system are you using? and did you use ematch? just curious....
you'll improve on every show, i know i do. you learn alot every time you do one.

Boub
07-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Those were Dominator Shells fired using a QDA 50 Que system. We fused everything into about 5 cues. I'd really like to explore getting my hands on a Cobra since I love doing pyromusicals. It's tough doing it manually. The reason they all went this time is because we fused differently than the regular show. Yeah, this is one of those hobbies that you are continuously learning, which is great.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Even the "Pros" have issues. Just watch "Pyro's" on the weather channel & see some of the stuff those guys deal with. I know I am thinking during my show what changes, etc. I can/will make for next time. The more you do, the more ideas you get--but unfortunately, the more complicated you get too!

Steviet000
07-11-2012, 11:26 PM
After doing a few professional shows I've noticed different lead shooters have different techniques which make me wonder which is right. I guess thats how learn as a newbie..