PDA

View Full Version : Heat is Killer

Pyro Nation
07-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Well, had the last show of the week yesterday. 3 shows total and another coming up next Saturday for cousin wedding.

Every single show was in a monster open area, with little or no shade which normally is not a problem, but DAMN!!! it has been seriously HOT. Think the lowest heat index was 97 lol. As much as I love fireworks I am glad this week is over.

Even the show on the 14th they are calling for heat index of 97.... AHHH
BUT, it is for FIREWORKS.
Just hope for some rain to take the fire factor out

I hope all have had a great 4th and no one was injured!!!!!!!

Boub
07-09-2012, 08:54 AM
Our show on the fourth consisted of many hours in an open field and 2 cases of gatorade. We had rain at about 4:30, and had alot of hangfires. We eventually got everything in the air though and it all turned out ok. Gotta be careful out in that heat!

PyroJoeNEPA
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
I'm back & almost intact!!! Had a show every sat in June starting on the 9th, Then 5 shows in 7 days from June 30 to July 6th. Two were down in VA & it was 106 degrees!!! Show on the 4th was shot from a pier 600 feet out & not able to drive the racks or product down the pier!!! Thanks to a friend with a quad everything got transported there after many, many trips!
Everything went well & everyone was safe! Viva Pyro!!!
[I'm getting too old for this----NOT!!!]

PyroManiacs
07-09-2012, 06:30 PM
No one is ever too old for Pyro!

Steviet000
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I thought I had it bad with 4 shows in 5 days and I think the high was only 95 not 106. But on the 4th after a show a 1am we did get locked in the cemetery where we were shooting from......... Guess the big truck and hammering didn't get noticed as the people locked up. Man I thought the show was good, guess not lol

nrubmx
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
yea it was 104 where i was on the 4th! still had a great time though

PyroJoeNEPA
07-10-2012, 04:40 PM
I thought I had it bad with 4 shows in 5 days and I think the high was only 95 not 106. But on the 4th after a show a 1am we did get locked in the cemetery where we were shooting from......... Guess the big truck and hammering didn't get noticed as the people locked up. Man I thought the show was good, guess not lol
You saying they are used to trucks & hammering at odd hours of the night in that cemetery?? Not a fun place to be!! That one qualifies for a "You Know You Are A Pyro When.....entry!!!

Steviet000
07-10-2012, 08:29 PM
You saying they are used to trucks & hammering at odd hours of the night in that cemetery?? Not a fun place to be!! That one qualifies for a "You Know You Are A Pyro When.....entry!!!

Well we were directly east of the fence about 400'-500' tops so I can't believe they didn't see us....... Yeah and we had our little head flashlights and thats about it. Kinda fun raking up junk off and around tombstones. I kept feeling hands grabbing my ankle......... I'm sure that 400 3" shell + others finale woke some up.