PDA

View Full Version : Best Mortar kit for a small display area

jh222
07-07-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi guys,

My family and I just wrapped up our 4th of July fireworks for this year...I'm just starting to take down what we liked best this year so I can get more of those favorite fireworks next year. Any suggestions on what the best mortar kit for a small backyard display would be. (Looking for best effects, without over-the-top noise or salute)

PyroManiacs
07-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Check WFBoom. they have videos of most of the Mortar kits.

"I hear" Electric Rain are really nice and they compare to Excals, and are a lot cheaper. I will be purchasing 4 cases of them for New Years.
4 kits in one case is $112.11

jh222
07-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the quick response...I would just like to add to any future recommendations that I am on a budget and am looking to get more into a BOGO or buy 1 get 2 with a mortar just to get farmiliar with it...Not looking to buy wholesale in the immediate future, in fact our display mainly uses fountains, parachutes, and the occasional bottle rockets in the past, but I'm exploring mortars because a lot of people have them in our area and they seem to be popular

PyroManiacs
07-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Hmm, not really sure on BOGO stuff. Im sure the other regulars of this forum will pitch in to this thread.

PM Sent

jh222
07-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Thanks again for your suggestions

pyro man 205
07-08-2012, 03:26 AM
go to you tube and check out the Manufacture demos that is the best way to see what is out there,hope this helps you out.

Boub
07-08-2012, 08:51 AM
We shot a box of electric rain this year and loved them. I think that they compare to Exals. When I get back to Philly, I'll post a video and point them out.

PyroManiacs
07-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Sweet. Ill be waiting for that vid also.

Then ill be able to compare the two videos.

VTcakeBOSS
07-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Hey there! The great thing about visiting wholesale fireworks (WFBOOM.COM) is they allow you as a consumer to walk in off the street and purchaase a single kit of artillery kit or any other product they offer or just one case of the like depending on what your needs are and also have both case and single unit price available for you to consider when you make your decision. There are NO LIMITS! they also offer artillery packs that contain a few different kits per pack at a wholesale price! You will get to decide what you want from the second you walk in the door and they won't pressure you to buy a "certain dollar amount" before offering any discount. I would recommend starting out with an assortment if your not sure what you want but the electric rain kit may be a bit much if your only aerial experience is a bottle rocket as these canisters have a big break and require a decent amount of clearance to shoot VS a bottle rocket.. either way you will quickly become addicted to fireworks the minute you realize how great there selection and product is and how wonderful it is that they offer everyone a case discount on anything from sparklers to 500gram repeaters! Good luck and have fun next year... PS: they offer a great discount the earlier you buy each "off season" which for me there is no such thing :)

jknepp1954
07-08-2012, 09:29 AM
Canisters shells:
Pro Shells 4/24 (Bigs)
Extreme Shells (Windmill) 4/24
XTREME artillery shells (Super Mags rewraps) Windmill 6/20

Balls shells:
Motion Makers 12/6 Cutting Edge
Tope Power 12/12 Windmill
Hong Kong Harry 12/12
WC Super Mags w/tails 12/12
Critcal Acclaims 8/10 World Class
Golden Ones 12/8 Windmill (Mine to break effect)
Power Magnums 12/12 Windmill (comet tails to nice breaks) This one is a rewrap of what you hear call Iron Revengers

We also had a very large Assortment this year - one was called Immaculate form Windmill - like the best of the best - has 6 pieces of Mortar Mayhems, 6 Super MAgs can shells, 6 Golden ones, and 6 Massive Destruction shells (mines to mini breaks to mass break on top)
Also another popular assortment called FULLY LOADED has 60 shells w/6 heavy duty cardboard tubes - i shot from this pkg on the 4th - very impressive stuff! :)

VTcakeBOSS
07-08-2012, 09:31 AM
PS: IM PRETTY SURE THEY have product videos on wfboom.com website, and YouTube is your best friend to find any product video you want to see but nothing beats first hand shooting experience my friend!

SilverBullet Pyro
07-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Try Gold One shells nice mine to a very colurfull and round break it was my first year buying em this year i dont know brand or they dont have one so that means they are good lol.