PDA

View Full Version : real story of what happened pt. 2

TitaniumsalTDI
07-07-2012, 12:17 AM
ok folks i am back after a long day of work, to explain the rest of what happened. So after all was said and done with the sfm arson investigator i kind of went into shock as this stuff has never happened to me. So i went and cancelled with everyone i had invited to come over my house. Lots of disappointed people and very mad close family as to why we've never and i mean never had problems in the past. So on thursday i had to get to the bottom of everything that happened, i called both atf investigators and the sfm office as well as my state reps. well the atf investigator that visited with me on monday, basically told me she wrote a positive report for me, that there were no violations on my part and that i complied with her request to cancel my 1.3 display, she didn't give two hoots about my 1.4 part as the atf has no care about that. When i went into detail about what happened she was shocked and couldn't believe the way the sfm handled things. So then the investigator i usually work with who was out of town called me back to basically repeat the same thing, and i also told her and she also was shocked at the way it was handled, and she apologized for their actions even though atf had nothing to do with it, and she told me to NOT give up and keep pursuing my hobby and that she hopes to hear from me soon about my license. So next i called the sfm office in columbus to register a complaint. The gentleman i had spoken to was the head of investigations and well lets just put it this way, he obviously felt he was way above me when he started talking to me, and i quickly put it to him, talk to me like a man and not a child. Then the convo got better and he told me 1.3 is illegal and that i was participating in inner state commerce to which i said huh! and i was planning on storing this product at my house. Well i said no that i have contingency storage with my distributor, and then he started in on telling me how dangerous consumer fireworks are. Then i had to remind him again that i wasn't born yesterday and that i do have many years experience with both classes of fireworks. Well the kicker was that he had a warrant to search my house, and i said for what, he said i was storing vast amounts of explosives. ok if you consider $200 a vast amount than we are definitly not on the same page. Then he started in on ematch and how terrorists use it, and i said plain and simple this is my hobby, this is my passion in life and i take safety very seriously in my hobby so do not compare me to someone that is going to use those items for nefarious purposes. He said that all of this came about from a confidential tip. Which now makes me trust people less and less. i never speak of fireworks to anyone in a negative aspect, only to promote the hobby as well as how i pride myself in my hobby, and how much i have advanced since i was very young, to now. So i was getting ready to end the convo with him and he said i applaud you for your drive and your safety, and if i want to change things then its going to be people like me that are going to have to keep on legislators to get these laws changed. So folks i did not loose my license, the only thing i lost was a few thousand dollars as well as my pride.

BluegrassPyro1
07-07-2012, 02:05 AM
Glad to hear it worked out in the end. It does suck that you had to get rid of all your product though and the sfm treated you in such a manner. Hope all goes well for you in the future man.

PyroManiacs
07-07-2012, 02:08 AM
Wow....Crazy!!

jknepp1954
07-07-2012, 07:33 AM
yes definitely keep pursuing your hobby bro. as others has suggested - think about joining one of the Ohio clubs - and maybe invite them to your party later on in the year or next year to have a show in your back yard. From what i understand on Ohio laws - they have all the credentials to make it work legally.
And many thinks PA laws are goofed up... nothing compared to Ohio Laws...LOL

TNtwister
07-07-2012, 09:32 AM
He said that all of this came about from a confidential tip.

Yes, right after the ATF agent visited you. People don't become agents because they like fireworks. These people have something to prove to somebody. They really believe it is their mission to save the world. They believe they're smarter than you. Of course they're smarter than you because everyone knows that the choice of terrorists all through history has been e-matched morning glories....gimme a farkin break!!! But hell, you can't really blame them, they were indoctrinated by their liberal college professors and gubment training.

brian_peterson
07-07-2012, 09:35 AM
I would move if it was me... I know that is not always an option. But Ohio needs to cool off. No terrorist use e-match. They use cell phones and fertilizer. Fireworks do not have the "pushing" power that regular explosives have. Yeah I would not want my head over a mortar. But at the same time a terrorist would be better served at a farming supply co. op. then at a Fireworks distributor. I keep telling my co-workers this. But they seem to keep confusing the issue, reminding them the government knows what I am doing, and it's completely legal.

TNtwister
07-07-2012, 02:10 PM
I keep telling my co-workers this. But they seem to keep confusing the issue, reminding them the government knows what I am doing, and it's completely legal.

Just tell them they are "turrurristssss" since they have 20 gallons of explosive and flammable gasoline in their tanks.

VFI_Fireworks
07-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Well in my military career ematch could be used as a detentation device, used to explode vehicles, kill targets, ied's and much more! The problem is everything is unsave if you look at it the way these people do... Hell I can kill with a straw but that dont make it a lethal weapon but given the right or wrong person wack!!! Problem again is what others see is not what you may intend,, I had people call my safe n sane fireworks illegal because the lady got burnt when she was a kid PLAYING with fireworks key word her playing EVER wonder why they ever started calling it that,, esp. when even a sparkler can burn you or start a fire.

well you could always see what a company could charge for a show! and allow you to particapate ,, just a thought.