PDA

View Full Version : Local fireworks show OOPS!!

LightningPhil
07-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Went to the local city fireworks show with the family tonight. About 10 minutes into a 25 minute show the biggest nightmare for pyros happened.....the entire body and finale of the show went up in about 10 seconds. Show over. I personally thought it was the coolest thing, but I feel bad for those poor guys setting up in 102 degree weather only to end in such a major oops. The show was fired electronically and at first I thought it was going good til the sky puke, but after thinking about it I believe they had problems way before that. All the cakes they had set up in front of the guns, usually go off in like 5 minute increments along with higher shells in the background. They normally have like 5 or so of those cake segments dispersed throughout the show, but this time all the cakes went in succession from the very beginning and led to the puke 10 minutes later. So now im thinking they had problems from the get go. They had to apologize that the show was over so soon and promised another show sometime in the coming weeks as a makeup. They actually skipped 5 songs in the body of the show and the finale song which left the crowd in the dark listening to what was supposed to be a pyromusical, but without the pyro. I have to say it was the most intense 10 seconds of any show I have ever seen, so for me it was not a disappointment.

crackerbomb
07-05-2012, 02:07 AM
I bet it looked awesome! Thats a bunch of money in 10 seconds......lol

LightningPhil
07-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Yeah it looked and souded incredible. We were sitting in the front row of the football stadium bleachers, and the show was set next to the river on the other side of the football field. Speaking of the money, they made sure to announce all of the donators that were "sizable" over the intercom before the show. Im sure that all of the donators were not too happy with the result.

BluegrassPyro1
07-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Is this the Big Bay Boom show in San Diego?? I saw on the news that it shot the whole show in like 15 seconds and it was supposed to be a 20 minute show.

link to story of Big Bay Boom on CNN - http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/05/us/california-fireworks-bust/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

PyroManiacs
07-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Pure Bliss!! Now why can I ever witness anything like that?

LightningPhil
07-05-2012, 01:25 PM
No this wasnt the San Diego show, this was actually our local fireworks show in Ottawa Illinois. The show is not anywhere near as big as some of the big city shows but for a rural show they do a great job...usually that is lol. I didnt get any video of it but there are clips on youtube.