PDA

View Full Version : First remote fired show

ChadEB
07-05-2012, 12:18 AM
WOW what a great show I have the cobra firing system and it worked like a champ. 18 mins of fun for me and everyone that came over my house 40+.

A BIG thanks to Dave, Scott (cobra), Matt, Chad for all the helpful ideas and to Steve for helping with the 6hr set up in 100+ degree heat. the video will be on youtube as ceb 2012 fireworks show

crackerbomb
07-05-2012, 02:04 AM
thats awesome, I cant wait to see the video.

nitro25
07-05-2012, 07:32 AM
Awesome!! I hope to have the cobra system next year!!

mrmikemartin
07-05-2012, 09:10 AM
I bought a Quantum 12 queue firing system. Tried it out last night on my display. I'm really disappointed. It wouldn't work unless I was about 10 ft away. So I ended up having to stand really close. I was hoping this year I was going to be able to stand back and enjoy watching my fireworks. Quite a let down.

Pyro Nation
07-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Cobra is def the way I like to go ...

UniversalPyro
07-05-2012, 12:19 PM
I did my first Pyromusical last night, it was great. 21 minute show, perfectly cued to the music with Finale Fireworks script. its great to see everything shoot off and you can sit back and watch everything you worked so hard for. Very good system. we shot 2.5 up to 6" shells with Cakes, comets, strobes. next up...Labor Day!!!

ChadEB
07-05-2012, 12:41 PM
Hey mrmikemartin I'm sorry to hear that you could sit back and enjoy your show.

ChadEB
07-05-2012, 12:45 PM
UniversalPyro WOW that's so cool I hope next year to shoot my show to music. By then I hope to have my type 54 so I can shoot so of those 2.5-6" shells.

BluegrassPyro1
07-05-2012, 10:39 PM
I bought a Quantum 12 queue firing system. Tried it out last night on my display. I'm really disappointed. It wouldn't work unless I was about 10 ft away. So I ended up having to stand really close. I was hoping this year I was going to be able to stand back and enjoy watching my fireworks. Quite a let down.

I bought a 12 queue system from Quantum this year as well, but have not been able to test it out because of our fireworks bans. I hope I have a better experience. I will probably upgrade eventually to something like a Cobra but for now I figured a smaller system would be fine.

JoeFirework
07-20-2012, 08:06 AM

Glad I was not the only one with this problem. I also bought a Quantum 12 cue firing system just before the 4th to fire my backyard show. I was so very disappointed that I had to get so close to each module to fire each cue. I was standing back 30 feet and it would not fire any of the cues. So...like you experienced, I literally had to get within 10 feet of each module to fire the cue with the remote. The show did not turn out like I expected. The audience still enjoyed it but I was frustrated.
I did send the firing system back to David from Quantum who is going to test my system. He thinks it could possibly be a problem with the rf remote. I've since bought a Cobra system since I want to be sure I do not run into this problem again next year.

rcerone1979
07-20-2012, 01:31 PM
I also had the same problem that mrmikemartin and joefirework experienced, I did a show with John from VFI and Dave at the five towns park and I had nothing but problems with quantum 12 cue firing system. in fact have of my show was lit after the show was over cause it just wasnt working.

rcerone1979
07-20-2012, 01:32 PM
Cobra is def the way I like to go ...

I agree with yah, after helping with your 2 shows and watching the cobra in action it was awesome and went without a glitch.

indianahx
07-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Not saying that it is or is not the problem, but did you elevate the units off of the ground...like on a milk crate or something? Some units have a better reception when there is a clear line of sight from transmitter to receiver.

On another note, I built my own 32 cue wireless system and I'm anxious to see the distance it will fire.

GApyroCHICK
07-20-2012, 06:01 PM
I feel for you guys that had problems :( I know how excited I was to finally be able to actually "watch" the show.

I have the superbfire 32 que system (and I suspect others on the forum do too) and I've never had any issues with it. I was curious when I first got it, and walked about 320-350 feet up the road (system was flush on the gound), and still had good ignition testing fuse. I know this probably goes without saying (cause I'm sure it was checked), but could it be a remote battery issue? Mine came with batteries and I'm still on those, but also carry spares just in case.

I'm sure Dave will take care of y'all. I've heard a lot of good feedback about him. He was exceptional to deal with I bought my system. (I had a lot of questions lol)

I know it doesn't make up for the issues with your shows, but good luck figuring out the problem!