PDA

View Full Version : Had to cancel my shoot

lilboomer42
07-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Pretty bummed that I didnt get to do my shoot tonight. We havent had any substantial amounts of rain in almost 2 months which forced me to change the date. I almost feel like shooting them off at a later time period is pointless. Anyone else feel this way or am I just letting it get the best of me? I know this sounds like im whining but Im just trying to get my mind at ease.

TNtwister
07-04-2012, 11:37 PM
No way man, tape the leaders back up and stash them away for a while. I had $3,000 of product that I had to put back in storage myself. I've been doing this since the 90s and have had my share of let-downs. Sometimes you have to squash that inner kid, and do the responsible thing. There is going to be a fall party that I will be shooting it at. There also will probably be an opportunity to shoot somewhere in Indiana this Fall. You're pretty close to where I live. If you want to join in my fall party shoot in Mt Juliet,TN you can.

When we get some rain, you can go light some stuff little by little. I had to sit on the back porch tonight and watch everyone else's go off. And YES, I heard some fire engines on several occasions. I wonder what the local news will have in the morning??

lilboomer42
07-05-2012, 12:02 AM
No way man, tape the leaders back up and stash them away for a while. I had $3,000 of product that I had to put back in storage myself. I've been doing this since the 90s and have had my share of let-downs. Sometimes you have to squash that inner kid, and do the responsible thing. There is going to be a fall party that I will be shooting it at. There also will probably be an opportunity to shoot somewhere in Indiana this Fall. You're pretty close to where I live. If you want to join in my fall party shoot in Mt Juliet,TN you can.

When we get some rain, you can go light some stuff little by little. I had to sit on the back porch tonight and watch everyone else's go off. And YES, I heard some fire engines on several occasions. I wonder what the local news will have in the morning??

I appreciate the offer to shoot man, but I mainly do my show for the family and friends. I heard some sirens earlier too, it still sucks to sit back and listen to it all though. I needed some of the reinforcement though man, appreciate it. Have a good shoot at your party!

crackerbomb
07-05-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm doing my show next weekend if we get some rain. Its not looking very good.

pyromustang
07-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Did you say party and fireworks and pyromustang. I feel your pain. this is first time in 15 years the we will not have a demo and display for our customers due to the fire ban..

Pyro Nation
07-05-2012, 12:03 PM
Sorry to hear all are having issues right now. Pray that way get rain soon so you can enjoy the BOOM

TNtwister
07-05-2012, 03:22 PM
Did you say party and fireworks and pyromustang. I feel your pain. this is first time in 15 years the we will not have a demo and display for our customers due to the fire ban..

YES, that's what you heard. We will only plan it on a day that heavy rain is in the forecast!! We will shoot through plastic wrap!

Sorry to hear all are having issues right now. Pray that way get rain soon so you can enjoy the BOOM

I can be patient, but my main concern is there will probably be no more green here until next Spring. I don't see the grass recovering from this. The trees are losing their leaves by the bushel too.

PyroJoeNEPA
07-09-2012, 12:41 PM
So sorry to hear of the lack of rain there. Better to let the product sit on the shelf in storage than be the reason behind a media story of "Fireworks causes Fire"!

TNtwister
07-09-2012, 01:02 PM
I think TN is going to flood this week. We got it last night and in the forecast for the next 6 days plus. Today is the first day that will be under 100 in a loooong time.