PDA

View Full Version : Bulk 1.75" 1.4G shells..

PyroManiacs
06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I have seen that when ordering bulk 1.4G 1.75" shells, that they are then listed as 1.3G.

I was just wondering why that is?

nitro25
06-28-2012, 10:45 AM
The more reason to get my 1.3G ATF license!!

pyromustang
06-28-2012, 12:27 PM
I was told If No warning label or un336 on the box or the shells then they are not to be sold the the consumer as 1.4g.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-28-2012, 12:44 PM
There is another thread dealing with this if you research it. Basically, because they are bulk packed with out tubes & are not "kits" they are under the 1.3
classification.
Funny because you can open 20 kits & dump the shells in a bucket & have the same thing!!! Go figure!

Now--This year Kellners has 2 boxes of Titanium Salutes in with the ball shells [used to be just color shells] so that in itself bumps it up to 1.3g

PyroManiacs
06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Ok, so after I get my Type 54, I would be able to buy cases of just 1.4g 1.75" shells in bulk lets say from VFI, cause I see that they sell them in bulk.
Now... do I have to follow all the same rules and regs with contingency storage and permits to shoot them? If all that trouble I may as well just forget about those shells and buy only real 1.3g items.. correct?

rcerone1979
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Correct, lol. IMO

indianahx
06-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Ok, so after I get my Type 54, I would be able to buy cases of just 1.4g 1.75" shells in bulk lets say from VFI, cause I see that they sell them in bulk.
Now... do I have to follow all the same rules and regs with contingency storage and permits to shoot them? If all that trouble I may as well just forget about those shells and buy only real 1.3g items.. correct?

I'm not sure that this is correct nor incorrect.

There ARE 1.3g bulk shells in the 1.75" category and YES you would have to follow all rules and regulations in regards to that product.

As far as the 1.4g.........??????????? I can't really agree with that. I just bought bulk 1.4g shells from a vendor (not advertiser so will not discuss here) earlier this year in a group buy. There were no tubes, just the shells. They certainly weren't marked 1.3 and I'm sure as hell not worried about putting them in storage. They came in the same 1.4 case as all other 1.4 product does and no one was required to produce any kind of license, certification, or paperwork to buy them. They are sold to the general public just like every other wholesale product. This was also not some bootleg or no name mom and pop location. It is a big national vendor.

I'm not sure how vfi or other companies do this or even if they deal in 1.4 bulk shells (as I haven't seen many around under consumer label) but I would check with them. It's ultimately going to be there call.

PyroManiacs
06-28-2012, 08:41 PM
It just doesnt make sense.

jknepp1954
06-28-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm not sure that this is correct nor incorrect.

There ARE 1.3g bulk shells in the 1.75" category and YES you would have to follow all rules and regulations in regards to that product.

As far as the 1.4g.........??????????? I can't really agree with that. I just bought bulk 1.4g shells from a vendor (not advertiser so will not discuss here) earlier this year in a group buy. There were no tubes, just the shells. They certainly weren't marked 1.3 and I'm sure as hell not worried about putting them in storage. They came in the same 1.4 case as all other 1.4 product does and no one was required to produce any kind of license, certification, or paperwork to buy them. They are sold to the general public just like every other wholesale product. This was also not some bootleg or no name mom and pop location. It is a big national vendor.

I'm not sure how vfi or other companies do this or even if they deal in 1.4 bulk shells (as I haven't seen many around under consumer label) but I would check with them. It's ultimately going to be there call.
Umm - i also agree as i had also bought last fall some bulk from a vendor -
this is just my theory - don't know how if this is how it is or not - just my personal guessing...
Bulk shells can not be sold to the general public off the retail store shelf's as they do not have a tube. However i feel it falls in the "gray area" if you please of the PRO LINE of products. So if for example one of us who has their own racks/tubes/poor mans racks etc and shoot small or even large shows with consumer shells, would that not fall into the same type category?
I know personally i just hate and despise getting all my store shelf kits even at my own cost from china just to simply throw it all into the burning barrel - and use only the shells...

Pyro Nation
06-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I agree Joyce... I usually either thrown them away or find Joe and give them to him..lol

PyroJoeNEPA
07-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I agree Joyce... I usually either thrown them away or find Joe and give them to him..lol
Har Har Har!!!! The donations have been greatly appreciated my friend! I built some nice 8 shot fan racks with those fiberglass tubes & the Excal tubes made a great rack once I cut the bases off of them.

deeks
07-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Har Har Har!!!! The donations have been greatly appreciated my friend! I built some nice 8 shot fan racks with those fiberglass tubes & the Excal tubes made a great rack once I cut the bases off of them.

I believe as I understand it The pro line is meant for the dealers and not for consumers. Again they are skirting the law trying to give us something special. And yes excal tubes are nice I have fourhundred of them cut and in rows screwed from the bottom on plywood.

Pyro Nation
07-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Pro line for dealers???? Not sure I follow you there?

indianahx
07-18-2012, 06:57 AM
Again, what I bought was not "pro line" or articles pyrotechnics, or 1.3 or anything other than 1.4.

And just because it says "Pro" in it is sometimes just a marketing gimmick. I think the dominator "pro" line is an exception yes because everything is ematch ported. However, I bought from another vendor who's pro line has visco. I even asked the guy if he needed my 54, he said there was no difference from there pro line, just didn't wrap a bunch of overhead in fancy labels and packaging.