PDA

View Full Version : Used 1.3g cakes

Steviet000
06-26-2012, 11:58 PM
After thrashing a bunch of used cakes over the weekend I got to thinking........ is there any use they can be saved/used for again? As far as pieces/parts? I know one was a 3'' cake but just felt weird throwing them on the truck to be trashed, even the small ones................ Anything I need to learn about here?

pyromustang
06-27-2012, 01:32 AM
I will never reuse any 1.3 cakes. they are made to be use one time only.

Pyro Nation
06-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Im with mustang on that one. The force the 1.3 have I wouldn't want to chance using them over again. NOW, I know a few will chime in that do, but IMHO I wouldn't

indianahx
06-27-2012, 05:18 AM
I don't but have heard of tearing down the cakes and harvesting the tubes for a variety of reasons. There are tons of cardboard mortars out there that have been used over and over again.....

GApyroCHICK
06-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Myself, I would never think of reloading them or anything like that... but I have used used cakes, (in good condition) as a type of "poor man's rack" for roman candles. When the rc's are secured safely the angle cakes come in handy as pretty good one time deal as a filler piece, or starter, or back up que, etc.

If you feel like keepin em around, at least you get one more use out of them.

Steviet000
06-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Great idea about the candles...... I don't mean reload them to fully reuse them as a cake. Just ideas not to throw all of them away because it seems like there is something else they can be used for.

flynlr
06-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Myself, I would never think of reloading them or anything like that... but I have used used cakes, (in good condition) as a type of "poor man's rack" for roman candles. When the rc's are secured safely the angle cakes come in handy as pretty good one time deal as a filler piece, or starter, or back up que, etc.

If you feel like keepin em around, at least you get one more use out of them.
even 1.4 cakes are great for just that purpose

Pyro Nation
06-27-2012, 11:54 PM
I do know that there are some who will use NOABS over and over again,,lol

brian_peterson
06-28-2012, 07:36 AM
How would you re-use NOABS? Are they wrapping their consumer shells (you can't get a 1.4G re-loadable that will fit a 2" or a 3")? Or are they using 1.3G?

pyromustang
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
I can see using 1.4 cakes for roman candle racks. after i use a 1.3 cake i want it gone. I dont want the ATF seeing a pile of 1.3 used cases.