PDA

View Full Version : Massive Thanks

CrossPyro
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Dave,

Thank you for all that you do in improving the 1.3G Display Firework community and hobby. There would not be the amount of 54 holders if it were not for your inspiration and encouragement.

Many of us also owe you a lot for the amount of time you have spent recording videos to share with us all. I know I speak for many when I say your videos are so informational and informing.

Lastly, thank you for not buckling to pressure to quit doing what you do.

-Cross Pyrotechnics

brian_peterson
06-24-2012, 08:12 PM
I hope Dave is making some extra money with his DVD! Or getting kick backs from advertiser to have free product as he deserves it!

PyroManiacs
06-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Definitely have to agree.

pyromustang
06-25-2012, 12:08 AM
I also agree. this is a great place to learn.

displayfireworks1
06-25-2012, 12:36 AM
Thank you for the positive feedback. There are just a few people trying to stop what I am doing, I know they seem to have loud voice at times, however their numbers are few. On the other side, I receive support from a majority of people in the industry. I hear from people all over the world through my youtube channel, we can all enjoy what they have posted below in the fireworks forums. I receive positive feedback from people telling me they have their license to purchase 1.3. Still more people tell me they are working on professional fireworks crews and the other crew members are amazed at how much they already know on their first display. I have over 700 fireworks videos and still feel like I have endless inspiration to make more videos. My few critics will tell you fireworks need protected from regulatory agencies and from teaching people too much about how the industry operates. I never once heard a complaint from anyone selling fireworks to stop what I am doing. No one at any agency designated to protect the fireworks industry has told me to stop what I am doing. The real reason these critics want to stop me is I am slowly taking away their self appointed authority on pyrotechnics. Contrary to what they preach, they have no real investment in pyrotechnics, what scares me is these people are often the first to volunteer to work at major fireworks events but their real motives are something other than helping others learn about pyrotechnics. It is about control. If their real motive was to help people learn about fireworks they should be happy I am showing people how to do it. I do not feel fireworks need protected, I feel fireworks need promoted.
My website is an investment and has to run like a business model. As long as I can attract advertisers and sell my ATF licensing video things will be fine. I am open to anyone that wants to market a fireworks product on my website. This allows me to continue the website and allows my viewers to see what is new and exciting in the market. The general public does not know how or where to buy fireworks other than Phantom Fireworks, the general public has no idea how to pursue an ATF license. I know they have no idea how to purchase 1.3 fireworks. These are the new people I want to introduce to fireworks.

BluegrassPyro1
06-25-2012, 06:17 AM
I really appreciate all that you impart Dave. I recently viewed some forum posts on another fireworks related website and came to the conclusion that there are some pretty petty individuals out there that indeed want to control everything. They make it out to be some secret society that would rival the Freemasons. Because of your videos and the videos of other members of this website I have found a greater interest in pyrotechnics than I previously had. I recently became a member of PGI and will definately be pursuing my ATF license this year. Also through this site I have managed to meet some other great pyros and hope to meet many more. Again thank you for what you do and remember that if someone isn't complaining than you must be doing something wrong.