PDA

View Full Version : My first 1.3G Firework purchase

brian_peterson
06-23-2012, 08:56 PM
I purchased my first 1.3G fireworks today, from Kastner Pyrotechnics in Wisconsin.

Overall it was fun! I only have a 50 LBS magazine so I was only able to get 6 cakes, ematch and quickmatch. I will probably get the contingency thing figured out after the 4th.

Just one tip for those that are brain dead like me. Always ask what form of payment is expected ahead of time! I get there (got late because my GPS stopped working, make sure you have a map, these places are in desolate places), and she asked what form of payment... I am like well duh here is my credit card. Nope, they only take cash, money order or cashier check. She was ok with a personal check this one time. But of course I forgot that too.

Anyway, I ran to the nearby town extracting money from the ATM machine at $200 a clip hoping it did not ban me for life, or worse shred my debit card! LOL! When I saw the $200 max per transaction I thought I was done...

I just figured I would thank Dave for his encouragement! I am excited for the 4th of July this year! Be safe and make sure you do all your ATF paperwork. I just got done, not too bad!

BluegrassPyro1
06-23-2012, 09:12 PM
You know I'm sure you were sweating like crazy and going nuts but now you have a really cool story to tell everyone about your first purchase. Also you have learned from it. What is it they say... You learn from failure not success. Have an awesome fourth!