PDA

View Full Version : pyros tv show

nrubmx
06-22-2012, 12:32 AM
has anyone seen this yet? its been on the weather channel and i caught it tonight. it looks pretty cool, its not very in depth of explaining things but ive always wanted something like this on tv! only problem i had with it was it was a little dramatic at times.

NOLApyro
06-22-2012, 12:40 AM
I saw it and had my hopes a little too high. I thought it would be better. Don't get me wrong, its pyro on tv and all, but I'd rather watch Dave's vids. What I did like about it though, was seeing pyro traditions of other countries.

BluegrassPyro1
06-22-2012, 01:00 AM
I wish they had followed a company like Zambelli instead. But it seems every show on tv is filmed and staffed in Canada these days. Although I didnt expect Valencia Spain to be the Pyro Capitol of the world. Figured it would be China.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-22-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm glad they chose a company outside of the US because it gives you a different perspective on how things are done elsewhere. Did you notice the banding on their racks?
Valencia has awesome displays & the Mascletas are incredible. You won't see that scale of a daytime shoot anywhere else I believe. Lots of You Tube Mascleta videos--they are all awesome. Valencia & Malta are on my "places to visit-Bucket List".China is a big manufacturer & producer--but if you ever see a Spanish or Italian shell you would see what an incredible difference there is in the product! [also in price!!!]
The show had enough info to be entertaining both to the hobbyist, amateur, & professional pyro. Can anyone else relate to the pre show pressure of a bad firing wire or bad battery??? Real show with real people & real problems. ----I haven't figured out the "pyro's are like rock stars" status yet--can someone help me out with that one? LOL

nrubmx
06-22-2012, 12:31 PM
I saw it and had my hopes a little too high. I thought it would be better. Don't get me wrong, its pyro on tv and all, but I'd rather watch Dave's vids. What I did like about it though, was seeing pyro traditions of other countries.

i totally agree id watch daves videos over this but it is cool. and like pyro joe said it does have the information to entertain all viewers