PDA

View Full Version : display companies

pyroshaun
06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
hey dose anybody know of any display companies around nothern indiana that need trainees. looking to get in the business

BluegrassPyro1
06-21-2012, 12:23 PM
The only one I know of in Indiana is Circle City Pyrotechnics. They are out of Indianapolis and I believe they offer training courses to the public. That might be a good place to start. Their webpage is http://www.circlecitypyros.com/ im sure there are others but thats the only one Ive heard of.

pyroshaun
06-21-2012, 12:52 PM
ok hay thanks alot man appriciate it

indianahx
06-21-2012, 01:20 PM
I tried to email them awhile ago after seeing a logo at a fall festival.....never heard a response from them. If you get in touch with them post back your findings!

pyroshaun
06-21-2012, 01:34 PM
well i emailed melrose pyro and got 1 email asked to tell a lil about me and have not got an email back they are only an hour away from me but i will e mail them and post the response

BluegrassPyro1
06-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah I would be interested in knowing what you find out. I think Circle City did the display here once if I recall but i didnt think anything about it at the time

brian_peterson
06-21-2012, 07:05 PM
I would call up a company and talk to someone "in charge". I did that a while back. Once you talk to them for a few minutes they will be more interested in the 'free' labor. It's like any job interview. Emails often get tossed in favor of those who call.

VFI_Fireworks
06-21-2012, 08:56 PM
Free labor is only one aspect ! keeping in mind you need learn something NEW everyday its good to know what , who , when and where you have done things....Keep in mind nobody wants a fireworks mishap so some experience is a good thing... And then you have others who just dont care as long as its free. Or the leads or owners son or something is googling some young dress so she gets picked first... Being in the business with others taught me one thing dont be like them...lol so basically get as much experience as possible and be persistant.... It shows enthusiasm

pyroshaun
06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
1 thing i am is persistant i dont care about doing grunt work been doin it all my life i just want to get the experience hell hand me a flare and 20 bucks for gas and im good to go lol . iv benn wanting to do this for years but never knew how to do it till i started watchn daves videos and found this sight