View Full Version : Just a kid at heart

Melp
06-20-2012, 07:09 PM
I live in michigan and as many of you know our governor just legalized fireworks (not just sparklers and fountains). For many years I would drive down to indiana to get my fireworks and put on displays for my family. I have never lit one but the salutes are by far my favorite, is it possible to purchase salutes or do you have to have an atf permit.

Runescape
06-20-2012, 07:27 PM
I find the thread title completely misleading...

tarkus4
06-20-2012, 07:46 PM
You definitely need your BATF permit to purchase salutes.

Pyro Nation
06-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Yeah... Not sure title thread kid at heart is exactly what this thread needed, but since it is your first post Welcome to the forum..lol

U need your ATF 54 atleast to get a salute.

And since it is a question mainly asking "How Do I go about being able to get a salute" should be in the Display Fireworks category

indianahx
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
If you want "a" salute, as in one single salute I would say don't bother. Fees alone wouldn't be worth it. There are several clubs that are close to you that have batfe permitees who shoot nothing but salutes and BIG salutes. Consider joining one of those to get your fix.

And for what its worth the thread is not misleading. I can understand the kid at heart feeling. As soon as I get to the B line and hear the first big salute go off I feel like a kid at Xmas all over again. I think these threads are just being read into just a little too heavily.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

VFI_Fireworks
06-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Well now shooting is one thing but ground salutes are another... Which are totally legal to make as long as you plan to take it and directly detonate it, they are not allowed to be stored or transported constructed... But done onsite or outside and the BOOM!!! Need legal info on this it's in one on daves videos and I have multiple documents pertaining to this... Now thats xmas...

Welcome!!!

Melp
06-21-2012, 07:48 PM
My apologies if i mislead anyone It was the first post I have ever written I will try to name it better next time. Thank you indianahx I have never heard of a fireworks club I would really be interested in something like that my wife says I need a hobby all I do is work. I have watched a lot of daves videos but not that one. I recently purchased 50 mortar tubes and some fuse I plan on making a 30 tube rack and 2 10 tube racks and try to make a finale, I went to uhaul and bought the tape dave uses. After watching so many of the videos I would really like to buy a wireless remote I think I like the q12 system any thoughts

nrubmx
06-22-2012, 12:23 AM
man i shoot in mi also! and thats the exact reason they made them legal! they realized so many people would go to indian or ohio and buy them and bring them back to michigan and the cops never really cared (at least where i shoot) they were cool about it and as long as they werent being misused or way too late at night they were fine with it! they would alot of tims just watch them! but there is also a 6% fireworks tax on them..wich isnt all that bad