PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 update

rcerone1979
06-20-2012, 01:52 PM
I had my interview june 6th and just recievd my atf in the mail today. For those who are in NY, the process was quite easy. As long as you have a contigency storage plan in place you do not need your o&p license (own and posess). If you have your own magazine then you will need the o&p license to be approved for your ATF and be denied your ATF as it is a state requirement if you do not. Well I have contigency, lucky me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrPu4bjzWa8&feature=youtu.be

KHeffner
06-20-2012, 03:04 PM
I was told by the licensing center that mine was mailed out May 23rd and did not recieved it. I called and they sent out a re-issued one 11 days ago and have not recieved that one either. They suspect someone is stealing my mail. They said both should have been to my house within 4 business days. I have no idea what is going on but I am starting to become furious. If it does not come in the mail today I don't know what to do next

rcerone1979
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
I would talk to your post office and have them hold it for you.

KHeffner
06-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I may have to do that. I am going to give it until Friday to arrive. That will be another 2 weeks since they sent the 2nd one. After that I don't know what steps to take next

Pyro Nation
06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Congrats Randy.... and welcome to the club

WOW.. Sorry to hear that Heffner. I would definitely be proactive in talking with Post Office then

rcerone1979
06-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Congrats Randy.... and welcome to the club

WOW.. Sorry to hear that Heffner. I would definitely be proactive in talking with Post Office then

Thanks man, I will see you on the 1.3 line now, lol.

Pyro Nation
06-20-2012, 08:27 PM
Thanks man, I will see you on the 1.3 line now, lol.

So, here is your test..... What size tube does a 1.75 " salute go into?

rcerone1979
06-20-2012, 09:06 PM
So, here is your test..... What size tube does a 1.75 " salute go into?

Your not gonna let me forget that one are you? lol. I wasnt the only one, If I remember correctly didnt something similar happen down in the 1.3 area, haha.

displayfireworks1
06-20-2012, 09:39 PM
At rcerone1979
Congratulations on receiving your Type 54. I want everyone to notice he received his license in NEW YORK STATE. To all those people that keep believing it is impossible to get a Type 54 in the state of New York, behold this man just did it. Thank you for sharing your experience.

At KHeffner
That is terrible what you are experiencing with your new ATF license. I just want to double check you are not accidentally throwing away any blue envelopes thinking it is junk mail I hope. Your ATF license will come in blue envelopes. Double check the mailing address they are sending to, next time you call tell them you are willing to pay for special mail that requires a signature for acceptance. For some reason I am thinking it is an internal problem at the ATF and they are not mailing it out. If your license was approved you can still buy 1.3 even if you do not physically have the license. Ask for your license numbers and work with the distributor from there. I am sure this problem will work itself out.

rcerone1979
06-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Well Dave I have to thank you for the videos and your advice, you supplied the foundation and I just took it from there.

brian_peterson
06-21-2012, 07:44 AM
Yeah my guess is the address is wrong, if it were me I would call them up right away, and double check the address.

KHeffner
06-21-2012, 10:03 AM
That is what the lady from the ATF thought but I went over my address several times an she said it was correct. Hopefully it is just really slow getting into the mail or something. I am going to give it until Friday and then call again.

Steviet000
06-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Congrats!! It's a good feeling to have it done.

nitro25
06-28-2012, 03:13 PM
I just ordered Dave's dvd set on how to get my license. My question to you all is, I just was fingerprinted electronically for a FBI background check (My wife and I both had to get one for adopting a domestic older child) and was wondering if the ATF can use those prints as well. Are they not stored in a Federal system somewhere?

indianahx
06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
I just ordered Dave's dvd set on how to get my license. My question to you all is, I just was fingerprinted electronically for a FBI background check (My wife and I both had to get one for adopting a domestic older child) and was wondering if the ATF can use those prints as well. Are they not stored in a Federal system somewhere?

My GUESS is that you need to do a new one simply because it is a part of a whole other process. Sure they are on file, but im willing to bet the person filing your paperwork doesn't want to go through the process of finding them when you can submit them right there....

pyromustang
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
good for you.now be sure to look and see if your s/n number is on Responsible person letter of clerance the form before you post pictures of it.

BluegrassPyro1
06-28-2012, 07:36 PM

Thats a really good question and I was wondering the same thing. I was finger printed for my Top Secret security clearance when I was in the Air Force and wondered could they pull those to use. My background has been investigated so much they probably know more about me than I do. I laugh in job interviews when they ask if I would be able to pass a background check.

nitro25
06-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I may just call the local ATF office and ask them. I will let you know what they say.

crackerbomb
06-28-2012, 08:16 PM
I got a phone call today from the ATF. It was the guy that gave me my interview. He was wondering if I was planning on shooting this year. He stated that most people are visited this time of year by a aggent but since I'm 4 hours away he was told to call to see what my plans were. Has anybody else had this happen?

Pyro Nation
06-28-2012, 08:34 PM
I have never gotten a call like that

crackerbomb
06-28-2012, 08:51 PM
The aggent also told me that 75% of the type 54 holders are not shooting this year during the forth. Maybe they are just telling him they aren't so they don't get told about the fire hazard.

displayfireworks1
06-28-2012, 09:33 PM
For all those in Ohio. I will soon be making an update video about a person that was told he would not receive an ATF license unless he completed a State certification for fireworks. After 85 days (remember they have 90 to make a decision) he received his license WITHOUT completing a state certification. I helped guide him along the way and he was willing to risk what I told him and he received his license. I will try to outline the details down the road.
Any calls or visits by the ATF this time of year are expected. When you look at your caller ID a call from the ATF may say “General Services” it is standard Federal Government thing. It will not say ATF. They know this is hot time of year for movement of 1.3 fireworks. If you live four hours away they may call to see if you are home before they visit. If you missed my warning video here it is again. Everyone with an ATF license needs to be careful this time of year in United States.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6Rv4gGmHIA

displayfireworks1
06-28-2012, 09:41 PM
Fingerprints
You would think all these government agencies would share fingerprint information but they do not. I get my fingerprints every time I renew my hazardous materials drivers license. Start you ATF application with a fingerprint card do not write please see my other fingerprints.