PDA

View Full Version : Recent Messages from LuxExTenebris

LuxExTenebris
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Fellow forum members, it has come to my attention that several of my accounts on various websites have been compromised and accessed recently during hours I was not online. I suspected identity theft attempts or even someone I ticked off but its looking more like a bot attack of my PC attempting to steal passwords. I have managed (for now) to stop this but I noticed that it appears some messages were sent to other members of the forum. Please disregard any private messages or emails that may have been sent recently as they did not originate with me. All thread posts made were by me as far as I can tell.

In the meantime I have created a new user account (BluegrassPyro1) and sent Dave an email requesting this account be terminated to prevent any further issue. I'm also using an isolated computer not on my home network to prevent any further infection. Dave if you happen to see this before the email, I sent it to your pyrotalk@gmail.com address.

Apologies for any inconvenience or anything that may have been in any of the messages or emails. Such is the wonder of modern technology.

Runescape
06-20-2012, 01:07 PM
Hmmm...i used to deal w/viruses and such...was it a keylogger? Or did stuff randomly happen? like computer shut off out of nowhere?

-It doesnt really matter,because ill link you to greatest virus scanner...and its free...took like 1200 viruses off my friends computer lol

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

BluegrassPyro1
06-20-2012, 01:56 PM
No it wasn't a keylogger. I'm not sure what I managed to get ahold of. I used to work in IT for my company but now just do some freelance stuff on the side with computer security and stuff. I'm guessing I picked it up that way. Something I hadn't seen before and I reported it so we'll see how it goes.

Runescape
06-20-2012, 02:03 PM
was it a RAT? or just a stealer?