View Full Version : Metal milk crate racks

flatlander
06-19-2012, 08:57 PM
Forum Members
I just cut up 3 40 foot lenghts of 2 inch DR 11 HDPE and plugged and stapled them. Due to lack of time I am planning to use some metal milk crates to make several racks out of. The racks will be on a floating platform on a lake and distance will be fine. They will be used in the finale only and was wondering if anyone has used the metal ones and if so what was there experiences with them and also any pointers that they might have.

nrubmx
06-19-2012, 09:23 PM
i have not used the milk crate idea but i am interested about the platform that you are shooting from..id loove to do this since i shoot off of a dock on the 4th. got any ideas?

tarkus4
06-19-2012, 09:27 PM
The metal ones will work just fine but if anyone should ever use the plastic ones make sure you put wood in the bottom. Due to the springy plastic the tubes will bounce especially with top of the line shells. I quit using milk crates long ago because of having to shoot so many shells straight up. I now use straight 10 shot racks staked with rebar so I can have multiple angles.

Jdrobinson13
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm curious to see the floating platform. Please post a picture sometime!

GApyroCHICK
06-20-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm curious to see the floating platform. Please post a picture sometime!

lol, Hey Jd, you could get Flatlander's specs and turn your milk jug raft into a shooting platform! :) Now we all want pics!

Minishow
06-20-2012, 08:46 PM
Milk jug raft with milk crate racks: say that one three times fast.

jknepp1954
06-20-2012, 10:29 PM
We have also tried the milk crate trick. With single shots coming out - fine - but for a finale rack - NO WAY! you will have tubes flying all over the place...!
BUt this is just my ever so humble opinion...