PDA

View Full Version : Transporting 1.1G as a hobbyist

brian_peterson
06-18-2012, 09:19 PM
Ok, not that this will ever come up for a very long time for me... Maybe never. I am just curious... The DOT categorizes any shell larger than 10" and salutes with certain amount of flash powder 1.1G.

My question is if I am not in commerce can I transport 1.1G just like I transport 1.3G (ie put it in the back of my car)? Again, this is purely hypothetical to me. I am just always curious! I can't imagine having enough land to shoot off a 16" shell personally. But hey you never know! Let a man dream!

displayfireworks1
06-18-2012, 10:41 PM
Last time I checked you can transport any type of legally purchased explosive in your vehicle as long as you are not in commerce you do not need to placard your vehicle. Nevertheless, I would advise you to keep a copy of the receipt, your ATF license and a fireworks permit in your vehicle. It is when you start doing fireworks displays for profit that a ton of regulations start to apply.
A story comes to mind. There was small time professional fireworks operator shooting small displays for profit and wanted to avoid all the transportation regulations associated with a for profit company. He would drive a truck full of racks to the shoot site, his wife would transport the fireworks separate in her automobile and show up at the shoot site 30 minutes later. LOL

VFI_Fireworks
06-19-2012, 12:20 AM
It's a roller coaster loop d loop lol