PDA

View Full Version : Dave is Motivational!

brian_peterson
06-17-2012, 01:22 PM
In 2010 I came across Dave's YouTube Channel. For many years prior I did 1.4G fireworks, and lurked on another forum in the Consumer section.

Thanks to Dave (it took me a few years to get myself moving), and his video, I now just got my ATF Type 54 in the mail!

I would of never thought it was possible. The pyrotechnic industry has been, in the past, a fairly exclusive "good ol' boys" club. But with guys like Dave (thanks to the other folks that helped me too) we are really opening up and expanding the hobby. I think that is a good thing!

Well, I have my Wisconsin July 4th permit in hand, a small Type IV magazine, and a distributor lined up! I can't wait to do just what Dave said "enhance your 1.4G show". It's going to be a lot of fun!

It came in just the nick of time!

Pyro Nation
06-17-2012, 06:21 PM
one word for you. VIDEO!!!!

displayfireworks1
06-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Brian

Thank you for your comment. I am pleased I played a part in bringing you to this level. This “Club” has tried to stop me for years. They accused me of ruining the fireworks hobby, they reported me to the ATF, and they tell my advertisers outside of United States I am a “Joke” of the fireworks industry. Everything they accuse me of is the exact opposite. I feel I have made a positive impact on the fireworks industry. I hear from people all the time telling me they are advancing further into fireworks than they ever imagined. The fireworks distributors are telling me they receive many new customers that walk into the store and tell them they saw my videos. The only real negative feedback I get is from this “Club”.
Now that we are near a year and a half into pyrotalk you can look back into the discussion forums and read some of the first few months of comments on the discussion forums. You can now see the location of the member and how some of them registered with more than one user name. They attempted to destroy and take over the pyrotalk forums. All this unethical behavior is done under the guise of “Protecting Fireworks”. I think for them it is more about controlling fireworks, controlling knowledge of pyrotechnics, protecting overloaded fireworks and keeping their self-appointed authority on fireworks. Whatever knowledge base they possess, it is contaminated with hatred and jealously.
If all goes according to plan I will be attending the Pyrotechnic Guild International convention in Laporte Indiana, it will be interesting to see how many tell me I am “Ruining the fireworks hobby”. Thanks again for your feedback.

VFI_Fireworks
06-17-2012, 10:50 PM
Dave maybe I'll go with you as moral support... I dont think anyone will say anything but good things, they stab you in the back but never confront you, they think people dont know who they are... but we do!!!