View Full Version : Not a lot of activity?

Runescape
06-16-2012, 03:04 PM
So ive been on this forum for a couple of days and im noticing that theirs not a lot of activity here... Where are all the active members?

rcerone1979
06-16-2012, 05:45 PM
We are here just alot of people are doing shows and real busy this time of year.

indianahx
06-16-2012, 06:08 PM
You will quickly find out there are quite a few more active members then the ones who do not post.

VFI_Fireworks
06-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Not everyone has time to write novels or comment on every post

Runescape
06-17-2012, 01:27 PM
Not everyone has time to write novels or comment on every post

Yea, but if no one posts, theres nothing to read...so whats the point of the forum?

@rcerone1979, if your putting on displays, why dont you post a video or show pics of your setup?

rcerone1979
06-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Yea, but if no one posts, theres nothing to read...so whats the point of the forum?

@rcerone1979, if your putting on displays, why dont you post a video or show pics of your setup?

I will post a video on Sunday June 24th of my shoot. Here is a sample list Of what Im shooting.

2 500 gram total ignition
3 500 gram firefox
72 Ghost artillery canister shells
24 200 gram hard cobra
4 500 gram thump junkies
2 9 shot 500 gram shoot the moon racks
4 500 gram changing the world
4 180 shot missile machines.

I am pretty partial to Winda as you can tell. I am gonna throw some other product in there is well. It should be descent.

Lampare
06-17-2012, 07:56 PM
Just super busy with shows and stuff,got shows from June28 to July 7.

Pyro Nation
06-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Just super busy with shows and stuff,got shows from June28 to July 7.

I know the pain.. I have no free weekends until August

VFI_Fireworks
06-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Does anyone feel like run is running down the site, Run I dont understand unless I'm reading into your posts, but your being kinda negative and it just dont make sense, what do you want from this site, and I would say if your trying to learn by coming to this website you have to ask questions not give comments or remarks. And there are hundreds of dave's videos that you can learn from so how about a more positive perspective, then you can get the most from this site.

Runescape
06-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Does anyone feel like run is running down the site, Run I dont understand unless I'm reading into your posts, but your being kinda negative and it just dont make sense, what do you want from this site, and I would say if your trying to learn by coming to this website you have to ask questions not give comments or remarks. And there are hundreds of dave's videos that you can learn from so how about a more positive perspective, then you can get the most from this site.
...its Runescape...negative? Well, theres just not a lot to learn from this site(I dont know crap about putting on displays, and the site hasnt really helped me). I want it to be a place where people young and old can come to learn about fireworks and how to put on fascinating displays. I think there should be a tutorial section on how to make racks and such. A place where people post their favorite fireworks, and a section called, "The Lounge", where people can talk about general things, not necessarily firework related(and a couple of more sections). Dave is a badass, but his videos are very general, and he has a ton, I watch them extensively in my spare time. Im not going to fake a positive attitude, because there is tons of room for improvement to this forum.

btw, VFI, wtf are you? Like the owner of some fireworks company or what? I have looked at your site, and will be pming you shortly my comments.

-Runescape out.

Pyro Nation
06-18-2012, 03:28 AM
Well, there is plenty of info already on the site on setting up items for display 1.3 or 1.4 ... There are threads on making racks and getting wood cheaply.

What tape or zipties for fusing. how to attach cakes to boards, etc. etc..

If ya use the search function on this site you will find that

blown2bits
06-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Listen to pyroliffic, he is right, use the search button. If you are a visual learner you can also use the video section and watch some of those and you will learn some techniques as well. If you have a question that you just can not find, post a thread asking and I promise people will respond with help. Don't give up yet, us pyro's are a friendly bunch!

PyroJoeNEPA
06-18-2012, 01:45 PM
...need a couple aspirin & a double espresso after this thread! The site is what it is! You can get as much or as little from it as you want--depending on whether you have mastered the secret pyrotechnican's tool called "search".
Good luck with that & check back when you have read & watched everything you can absorb.

Jdrobinson13
06-18-2012, 02:53 PM
As you can see from my amount of posts, I'm not a very active member in regards to commenting. However, that does not mean I do not read posts and if something isn't covered in someone else's reply, I will also reply. As stated before, it is the busiest time for pyros, so I wouldn't expect a lot of new posts. As far as learning about displays etc, there are tons of old threads that have lots of useful information. Just because the thread isn't on the first page or the top of the list doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

As far as the sections on making racks and such, this is where youtube comes in handy. I know I've seen you comment on one of my videos, thank you btw, but I have a video on how I build my mortar racks and I have seen several threads over the months of other members racks also.

I understand you wanting more content, but I think this forum brings a large community of pyros together and we should be thankful that we have it also, instead of just youtube etc. I respect your opinion and just hope you understand that just about every member on this forum is all about helping people with fireworks and expanding their own knowledge as well.

Runescape
06-18-2012, 03:05 PM
^^^
jd, ur a ****ing boss...cant wait until Tuesday. already subscribed

OT: I know how to use the search function lol, but we should organize the forum better by adding sections.

VFI_Fireworks
06-19-2012, 12:06 AM
Dave I think I speak for a bunch of us Run is somebody this forum can do without.. We all help each other here and look out for each other and this trou du cul its french look it up has become a nuisance before it causes any harm it should be swatted. There is no need for people like that its disturbing to say the least.

nrubmx
06-19-2012, 10:08 AM
there is plenty of info on this site already about how to put together shows..different ideas on how to do all sorts of things with fireworks. ive been watching daves videos for a couple years now and i cant begin to tell you how much i have learned and this site has all of his videos and a forum where people can discuss different ideas...good and bad..it doesnt matter..just talk about it, ask questions, you will learn fast if you are interested

LuxExTenebris
06-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I joined the site last year and didnt know the difference between a mortar rack and a hole in the ground. I have found through Dave's videos and the other members all the information I have needed. To my knowledge there is no other pyro related website that offers such a wealth of information freely to individuals at all levels. There are plenty of videos (not just daves) on Youtube about fireworks and also things like how to build mortar racks. Many of them are posted by members of this forum like JDRobinson and pyroliffic. Im grateful for all the knowledge I have gained from this site. In the end remember this is a hobby and not Dave's job.

GApyroCHICK
06-19-2012, 05:48 PM
...its Runescape...negative? Well, theres just not a lot to learn from this site(I dont know crap about putting on displays, and the site hasnt really helped me). I want it to be a place where people young and old can come to learn about fireworks and how to put on fascinating displays. I think there should be a tutorial section on how to make racks and such. A place where people post their favorite fireworks, and a section called, "The Lounge", where people can talk about general things, not necessarily firework related(and a couple of more sections). Dave is a badass, but his videos are very general, and he has a ton, I watch them extensively in my spare time. Im not going to fake a positive attitude, because there is tons of room for improvement to this forum.

btw, VFI, wtf are you? Like the owner of some fireworks company or what? I have looked at your site, and will be pming you shortly my comments.

-Runescape out.

Run, I don't mean to be insulting to you; but you come across that way in your posts towards the other forum members and Dave. I think you are taking a wealth of resources for granted. If you truly are enthusiastic about the hobby, you may want to slow down a little and think before you hit enter on mosts of your posts.

I don't understand how you can say that you haven't learned anything from this site. You say you are watching Dave's videos, but are you paying attention? There is more information in his videos about behind the scenes set-up, placement of cakes, and building up of the shows, etc. than most youtube videos. There's a little bit of common sense involved, and a lot left to your imagination!

I also don't understand how you don't have some idea about how to build a rack. I was new here once, and I did the research, and I (w/ minimal help from my boyfriend) was able to buld my own. (and I'm a chick) Sure, it was supposed to be a 30 shot rack that turned into a 27 shot rack, but hey, I did it, right! :)

Also, you have a fresh perspective on a layout for the forum, but again, like others have mentioned this is a hobby for Dave and the majority of us are greateful that we have this FREE platform for interaction and knowledge. With that being said, if you think you can do it better, I'm sure you'll have a large following if you start your own.

So, if you are willing to do some research and show that you have put some effort into what it is exactly that you are wanting to know, there are plenty of people here willing to help you!
Good Luck to you!

Until then, your posts are making you sound like a young and immature stereotype of the "I want it now, and don't want to have to work to get it" generation; almost as if you want one of these guys to come hold your hand and do your racks and show for you. And where is the fun in that?

Runescape
06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
^^^
i just think the site should be organized more...everyone tells me to use the search button...cant we just have SECTIONS for separate stuff? Nothing against Dave.

btw, GIRL = Guy In Real Life

Steviet000
06-19-2012, 06:52 PM

-Runescape out.

I'm guessing you havent watched Dave's videos extensively if you have to ask.

PyroJoeNEPA
06-20-2012, 03:40 PM
^^^
i just think the site should be organized more...everyone tells me to use the search button...cant we just have SECTIONS for separate stuff? Nothing against Dave.

btw, GIRL = Guy In Real Life
Don't be rude & immature RUN.

There already ARE sections for 1.3, 1.4 firecrackers, Close Proximity, Manufacturing, Legal Issues, etc.

GApyroCHICK--good to see ya in here--been a while since you posted & DITTO on your comments to Run!!!!!

Jdrobinson13
06-20-2012, 03:44 PM
almost as if you want one of these guys to come hold your hand and do your racks and show for you. And where is the fun in that?

If he is paying for the supplies, I would totally come do his show for him! :)

GApyroCHICK
06-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Don't be rude & immature RUN.

There already ARE sections for 1.3, 1.4 firecrackers, Close Proximity, Manufacturing, Legal Issues, etc.

GApyroCHICK--good to see ya in here--been a while since you posted & DITTO on your comments to Run!!!!!

Thanks PyroJoe! I'm around. Just taking it all in. I'm leaving the educating up to y'all! :) I'm of the opinion that just because you can post something, it doesn't always mean you should post. Just because it's something to read, doesn't mean it's worth reading.

Hey Jdrobinson13- we'll all come watch!! :) (or wait until Tuesday)

VFI_Fireworks
06-20-2012, 09:37 PM
Wow you wanna read something you should see Run's extensive cursive vocabulary,,, I think in a pm he used all 42. I also see why he choose the name RUN... Its kinda self explaining....lol Who loves ya buddy!!! I DO!

displayfireworks1
06-20-2012, 09:58 PM
At Runescape

I am going to give you a seven-day vacation from the forums. That should give you time to look over 700 videos and one year worth of forum post.
I know you are 18 and new at this so please try to be respectful. Take some time to read the post and watch the videos.

displayfireworks1

pyromustang
06-21-2012, 02:50 AM
http://www.flickr.com/photos/68367158@N05/sets/72157630218301684/

crackerbomb
06-21-2012, 05:25 AM
At Runescape

I am going to give you a seven-day vacation from the forums. That should give you time to look over 700 videos and one year worth of forum post.
I know you are 18 and new at this so please try to be respectful. Take some time to read the post and watch the videos.

displayfireworks1

Very well put Dave, maybe he will mature when he returns from his vaction.

BluegrassPyro1
06-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Never a good thing to be the new kid and get sent to the principals office.

Steviet000
06-21-2012, 09:22 PM
Never a good thing to be the new kid and get sent to the principals office.

Yeah but theres always gotta be one

VFI_Fireworks
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
what? It wasn't me this time! Stevie your gonna miss all the fun this saturday gonna be a nice shoot...:(

Steviet000
06-21-2012, 09:57 PM
I know, i just hope I can make it out soon. Anything going on the 8th on?

VFI_Fireworks
06-21-2012, 10:01 PM
yep I' will send you info.... I have an erie shoot and a couple more local trying to get a couple up near you..lol

Steviet000
06-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Ok good! I'll pm you my email address

Steviet000
06-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Oh and it wont have cuss words either

Pyro Nation
06-21-2012, 10:58 PM
You need to come down by me..lol Nazareth PA

crackerbomb
06-21-2012, 11:53 PM
You need to come down by me..lol Nazareth PA

My wife has family in your area. We are talking about making a trip before school starts so we'll have to get a drink

Pyro Nation
06-21-2012, 11:54 PM
WOOHOOOOO..... Def.... u have my number..lol

if its nice out (warm enough) i have a 20ft x 40ft inground pool we can party at...lol

Steviet000
06-22-2012, 10:22 PM
POOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL PARTYYYYYYYYYYY Ill bring the bottle rockets lol

crackerbomb
06-23-2012, 12:31 AM
I got a cooler full of Bud

PyroManiacs
06-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Yes, definitely have to have Pyro's come down to South Eastern Pa for shoots. A lot closer to Philly :)