PDA

View Full Version : When I was a kid......?

burgerfiredept
06-14-2012, 02:41 PM
Now that it's our time of year as pyro's and Fireworks stands are going up all over the place I want everyone to remember back when they were kids. What do you remember about fireworks as a kid. Best ? When did you know you were addicted to pyrotecnic paraphernalia? I used to love going with my parents and filling up the bed of the truck with tons of stuff that we would set off til 3 or 4 in the morning after we went to watch the City display. Now most of us are capable of having our very own city quality display thanks to the main man DAVE.

kitsune
06-14-2012, 07:23 PM
I remember these: http://www.flickr.com/photos/60585948@N00/3822907287/in/photostream/

pyromustang
06-18-2012, 12:19 PM
8 years old with my dad and grandfather. i got to light my first rocket and have loved fireworks going on 50 years now.

Jdrobinson13
06-18-2012, 02:58 PM
My first hands on experience with fireworks was back in the early teenage years. All it took was that first firecracker to realize how addicted I was to fireworks.

Runescape
06-18-2012, 03:07 PM
When I was 7, my brothers and I went down to the field next to our house w/ some of their friends. Then, we proceeded to blow up and melt some green army men. Best time of my life.

Jdrobinson13
06-18-2012, 03:11 PM
When I was 7, my brothers and I went down to the field next to our house w/ some of their friends. Then, we proceeded to blow up and melt some green army men. Best time of my life.

Oh goodness, the joys of playing with matches and those little army men!

indianahx
06-18-2012, 05:53 PM
I was 18 before I even held my first firework. It was my first "legal" purchase. Up until then, when we were much younger, my dad just took a brown grocery sack full of cone fountains and other such fountains down to the edge of our circle and lit them off one by one as we all watched from the driveway. I was never even asked to help pick them out, look at them, and heaven forbid I even touched or opened the bag. It was like the off limits taboo. In a way, I'm glad it was that way for me. I have a little more respect for them now, and I plan on passing that same respect down to my two girls (hopefully).

VFI_Fireworks
06-19-2012, 12:10 AM

I told you ,,,this dudes disturbed,,, I doubt even Daves atf video could help this one!!!

Melp
06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
we always did the sparklers around the fire when we were camping on the fourth I just started shooting mortars in my early twentys just after I got married. Michigan just legalized mortars this year so now i can shoot them legally

crackerbomb
06-22-2012, 12:08 AM
This is the first year that I purchased wholesale. My wife is saying that buying wholesale is saving us a ton of money but it is taking away from our kids. My wife and I would always pack up the kids and drive 2 hours to get fireworks at the best deal we could. Everytime we went our kids had a blast. So I think I may have to pack the family up this weekend and go back and buy a few things to keep the good things going. I just hate buying fireworks a little below retail when I know what I can get a case for. On the other hand when you see the smiles on your kids face, its worth it because we never did things like this when I was little.

Pyro Nation
06-22-2012, 12:31 AM
Wholesale is the bomb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!