View Full Version : 1st Pro show 2 weeks away

Steviet000
06-11-2012, 07:30 PM
I thought I would take the time to write a post/update to thank Dave for his videos. This time last year I was watching your videos and thats it. I didn't know about fusing,wfboom, kellners etc. Now I buy wholesale, belong to a local club, have my Type 54 license, my Ohio exhibitors assisant license and am going for my Ohio exhibitors license and CDL class B with Hazmat and start in less than 2 weeks working for a great professional company. All started from watching your videos. I guess it's a good thing I can make money at this because if not then I'm guessing my wife would of been hunting you down....lol I wanted to post this because I know there are haters out there that try to bring you down. Let NO ONE bring you down, keep doing what you do. Thank you for the videos!

Pyro Nation
06-11-2012, 09:01 PM
Good Luck on the first show always the one ya remember the most,

I have no free weekends from this point out till August now.. AHHHHHHH

TitaniumsalTDI
06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
congrats! who are you gonna be shooting for?

displayfireworks1
06-12-2012, 10:53 PM
Thank you for the positive feedback. You really detailed your history of progression into fireworks, I am glad to be a part of it. Helping many people as you elevate their hobby and live out their dream to work for a professional fireworks company is very rewarding to me. I come to realize the few critics I have actually have no investment in promoting fireworks, they want pyrotechnics to live in secret world, however they feel about me and my videos is rooted in jealousy and hatred. I now know that people, organizations and companies that actually have a vested interest in fireworks and pyrotechnics support what I do. If you could visibly see who these critics are it would reduce their credibility to zero. Currently they are just keyboard critics; some have approached me privately and told me positive comments but apparently feel group pressure to behave otherwise. They are the biggest fans of my videos in a strange sort of way. My message is simple, fireworks need promoted and not protected. I want my videos and website to reflect that message. I do not want to say I am beyond letting critics bother me, but it just does not carry the weight it did a few years ago.

TitaniumsalTDI
06-13-2012, 07:28 AM
well said dave! thank you for all you do for the industry, hobby, and world of pyro!

Steviet000
06-13-2012, 11:21 PM
congrats! who are you gonna be shooting for?
Pyrotechnico

Yeah well said. Just glad to hear you say how I was hoping you felt. Just let the hate fuel the fire.

Matt
06-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Where is the show at? St. Charles festival?

VFI_Fireworks
06-14-2012, 10:57 AM
steve I hope they paying you they have a bad habit(from experience), and why havent you come to any of the shows you said you was coming to you could have lived it felt it and wanted more by now let us know always looking to see new faces.

Steviet000
06-14-2012, 09:37 PM
Not sure how to quote twice.

Matt: No But I only live less than 3 miles from there. Are you from around there?

John: I will give you a call this weekend sometime. Ok?

Steviet000
08-30-2013, 11:04 PM
I thought I would take the time to write a post/update to thank Dave for his videos. This time last year I was watching your videos and thats it. I didn't know about fusing,wfboom, kellners etc. Now I buy wholesale, belong to a local club, have my Type 54 license, my Ohio exhibitors assisant license and am going for my Ohio exhibitors license and CDL class B with Hazmat and start in less than 2 weeks working for a great professional company. All started from watching your videos. I guess it's a good thing I can make money at this because if not then I'm guessing my wife would of been hunting you down....lol I wanted to post this because I know there are haters out there that try to bring you down. Let NO ONE bring you down, keep doing what you do. Thank you for the videos!

I found this during a search somehow and figured I would update. Tomorrow is my first show as a lead. I am nervous even though I have been on tons of shows since this last post a year and 2 months ago. I'm not one to tell everyone my life story but I just figured the progression is pretty cool just from the start of a guy from PA that I have never met that was trying to educate people about this stuff through his videos. Crazy that can change someone's life in the way it did mine.

PuroJon
08-31-2013, 11:53 AM
Go get 'em Steve! Hope you find the time to attend the MFF in a couple of weeks.

Steviet000
09-12-2013, 11:49 PM
Go get 'em Steve! Hope you find the time to attend the MFF in a couple of weeks.
Man I want to make it sometime. I know a few that might go.

Steviet000
09-12-2013, 11:52 PM
http://youtu.be/U8g6snsb1XE This was from the finale. I had fun. Still do not have a full video yet. The last shell was an 8 inch that we thought was something special but wasn't.

fullauto223
09-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Steviet000 thats cool you updated this, I was looking to see if a topic was covered in the passed an remember reading this thread a couple weeks ago and thought " well, I wonder........".

So the last shell was not a 8" salute :D