PDA

View Full Version : Chaining 1.4 Cakes Without Quick Match

LuxExTenebris
06-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Im looking for tips on how to fuse multiple cakes together when you don't have access to quick match. I've seen a lot of videos showing cakes fused together (usually 4 together) but it's always using quick match. Is it possible to do this with visco? Appreciate any tips or insights. If Dave has shown this in a video and someone remembers that would be great as well.

indianahx
06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
there is video of it, just don't remember which....you can also buy paper leaders from pyrodirect and make your own quickmatch with fast fuse. It's just as effective. Sorry, that's all the help I can offer from the phone....

Minishow
06-02-2012, 10:09 PM
here is daves video, but he dose use quick visco fuse witch you can buy without a type 54, I would think you could do 4 the same way with green but they might light + or - a second from each other.http://www.pyrotalk.com/quick-visco-finale-board-part-1-of-2.php

LuxExTenebris
06-02-2012, 10:33 PM
Thanks. I thought there was maybe a video but couldn't remember.

VFI_Fireworks
06-02-2012, 11:46 PM
some of the paper fuse is really fast .4 sec foot thats surely good enough

jknepp1954
06-03-2012, 06:49 AM
BIGS has a fuse called QUICK FUSE that does the 4 sec/ft. It is gray in color - we at Kneppy's have that in stock. I am sure anyone also who handles BIGS products have that as well. I think Kevin from pyrodirect has something similar too.

VFI_Fireworks
06-03-2012, 10:08 AM
not to drop a company that dosent advertise here but pyrocreations.com has got exactly what you are looking for actually they sell a quickmatch kit and the .4 sec fuse and more....

firetruckie
06-03-2012, 04:51 PM
look at daves videos of the sportsmans club.he fuses 4 thunderkings together.i use this also with quickfuse.works great

floridapyro
06-03-2012, 07:46 PM
There's so many speed of fuse these days. .4s/f is the fastest for ready to use consumer fuse. You do need to be careful as this can soak up moisture. There is also a green and a pink 2.5s/f fuse. I believe there's a 4 8 and of course 10. Sometimes a slight delay between cakes is nice because one breaks while the other doesn't making a fuller sky.

VFI_Fireworks
06-04-2012, 08:10 AM
There's so many speed of fuse these days. .4s/f is the fastest for ready to use consumer fuse. You do need to be careful as this can soak up moisture. There is also a green and a pink 2.5s/f fuse. I believe there's a 4 8 and of course 10. Sometimes a slight delay between cakes is nice because one breaks while the other doesn't making a fuller sky.

Exactly correct and the most common mistake of pyrotechs is to put a bunch of things together for a finale. Its better to have the breaks seen rather than a bunch of smoke covering the color. Slight seperation could be a good thing but most cakes dont have perfect timing though its close. That being said use different items like a straight up cake and a v or fan style to add to the effect. But of course everyone can add to this and it all in what you like or want I would use whatever trick you want but bunching things together isnt the best effect... my opinion