PDA

View Full Version : Pyro insurance for 2012

VFI_Fireworks
05-29-2012, 06:52 PM
Hello All,

Good news in checking on some insurance questions a call to my company sparked the question brought up in another post.. Well here it is individuals show insurance. Yes I have been asked to broker or be the lead on this venture for individuals interested in show insurance,,,, 1,000,000 liability coverage will cost you 685.00 per year. You will be required to request additional insured coverages though us which will be emailed the same day. You must be located in Pa and your insurance only covers you in Pa. under this policy. It is a test run for the company why just have 1 show when you can do 10.

Contact VFI or Pm me if interested.

Oh one other issue this is a not for profit market test. You cannot make money for doing shows this is for individual use only and there is a restriction on the amount of product proposed for the show.... 1.3 is fine but limited to 3 inch and cakes. if there would be an issue and it was found you used larger shells your policy would be void and your on the hook... if I think of other items or you have questions fire when ready.

VFI_Fireworks
05-31-2012, 12:15 AM
OK from the questions i'm recieving you must have a PGI certification to show knowledge of pyrotechnics if using 1.3 you must supply a copy of your 54. When replying please submit an email address the first step is to fill out an application, increased limits are available at a higher premium. Shows are limited to 250# of pyrotechnic material. Thats about a Thousand pounds in your truck 25% is the average when figuring composition. Some places give weights on your invoice this will be a big help. Club shooters are welcome but clubs are not this is for individuals ONLY!

VFI_Fireworks
06-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Its surprising how many people I have talked to that want pyro insurance and now that it has become available under $5000.00 only a few are interested. Is it that municiple authorities are giving permits and you think your covered, I dont know but one thing for sure if something happens your home, car or business insurance will not only drop you you will be one the hook for all the bills. And if someone gets hurt lets not even go there.

hokester44
06-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Just guessing... but with limitations to 3" thats probably why you're not getting the response you expected.

VFI_Fireworks
06-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Regardless the limitations it is a requirement in almost all municipalities across the state of Pa. Professional insurnace is the next step and your into the thousands. I guess it's like car insurance if you dont have it when you need it your screwed. At 57.10 a month thats a good protection. And nobody asked about increasing or limits because being true nobody wants to have to pay any insurance for anything unless they have to.