PDA

View Full Version : Crackerjacks event

displayfireworks1
05-17-2012, 01:07 PM
This message is to any pyrotalk.com member that is a Crackerjacks member. I am sure you may be aware of the recent change in locations of the shoot. I will be attending the Wilburton Pennsylvania shoot that is recommended by the officers. It is unfortunate that events are playing out the way they are. My recommendation is to follow the officers of the Crackerjacks and attend the Pennsylvania shoot. See you there.

Dave displayfireworks1

displayfireworks1
05-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Hello now it is 7 hours later I am at the Ramamda Inn in Pottsville PA. I contacted one of my advertisers International Pyrotechnic Importers, they agreed to sell 1.4 and 1.3 fireworks at the Crackerjacks event in Pennsylvania. Zach of IPI has also offered to give a discount. Please get his contact information from the pyrotalk.com sponsor page. If anyone reading this is able to post this information to the Crackerjacks mailing list please do do, for some reason I can not get there from the hotel computer.
to those following my videos while I forgot my laptop I did not forget my camcorders. You will see exactly what this new shoot site looks like in one of my future videos. It i smy understanding this local fire department has welcomed the Crackerjacks with open arms. It should be an exciting time. Sorry again for delaying the T-shirt contest but I had 300 miles to drive and needed to get moving.
If anyone is searching for a room consider the Ramada in Pottsville Pa it appears to be 20 mile from the shoot site.

jknepp1954
05-17-2012, 10:13 PM
JUST FYI - I have also joined the CJ's today on behalf of Kneppy's Fireworks and will be delivering only to the Wilburton Shoot - as a new CJ member, I can;t get onto the message boards until someone gives me the approval - but if you are a CJ going to Wilburton - let me know what you want - and we will deliver to you so that you can shoot it that day! See some of you on Saturday!
We will absolutely NOT be vending - just delivery only - may bring some PA legal stuff but that is all to vend.

displayfireworks1
05-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Joyce thanks for doing this on a last minute notice. I should be at the shoot site soon. I can not get to the Cjml from the hotel computer. I will try to speak with the officers when I get there to tell them about you and IPI. If anyone reading this message can post this information on the CJML that would be great.

Matt
05-18-2012, 09:11 AM
It has already been posted on CJML about IPI and Kneppy's. I'm sure no one will mind if they bring some samples to shoot as well...

displayfireworks1
05-18-2012, 11:21 PM
Day one of the PA Crackerjacks shoot is done. The class C site is OK, they are treating us great. I am not impressed with the 1.3 site. It is an old coal mine three miles from the fire department,terrible access road. 76pyro paid to have all fireworks delivered to the PA site for those that ordered, he had to lose money on the whole deal because everyone got a reduced price to begin with. They deserve credit for that.
I have video of the event thus far and expect to get more when we move onto the 1.3 site. I actually have video of the 1.3 already from today. Open shooting ended tonight at 10pm

jknepp1954
05-19-2012, 04:16 AM
Someone sort of gave me directions to this and when i seen LOGGING ROAD - i knew I was in trouble - oh bother! :)

displayfireworks1
05-19-2012, 11:43 PM
The PA event is now over. We were at the 1.3 site tonight, the site actually looked better the second time. I have some great video of the displays and Albert with his big salutes. The local people attended and the police assisted with traffic. The fire department said they would burn all the left over stuff tomorrow.
Not sure when the videos will post but I will at least try to post a preview video. Time for me to rest for the 5 hour drive tomorrow. It certianly is a turbulant time to be Crackerkacks member and i hope all the recent site problems work themselves out.

jknepp1954
05-20-2012, 07:33 PM
I wished i could have stayed for the competitions and B display - but i was whooped! driving 400 miles in one day by yourself at my age - I guess i am not as young as i use to be!