PDA

View Full Version : Reaping Type 54 Benefits Already!

georgiapyro
05-16-2012, 04:16 PM
Just got my license in the mail yesterday! What a great sight to behold. So, today I wasted no time and called about the process of getting a permit for my Florida beach shoot in September. (I have a little more work to do to get a permit here in the state of GA). After getting thrown around to several people, I made it to the Fire Chief for where we are staying. At first he was VERY hesitant to talk fireworks with me and did not seem like he would be open to a shoot. But after a little talk about my 54 and showing a little bit of knowledge, he was very open to talking to me. He told me there is really no set permit process, but that he would allow me to bring the product and have a show for the family. He told me to call him a few weeks in advance and he would let the county police know that I have permission to shoot.

Who would have thought I would see the benefits of the 54 so soon!? Thanks Dave for all of your help and for the education about fireworks in general over the years. Couldn't have done this without this community's help!

VFI_Fireworks
05-16-2012, 06:00 PM
requirement is 15 day advance notice for the permit, municiple shoots basically write their own ticket and timeline on this but as a shooter adhear to the 15 days.

indianahx
05-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Get it in writing!!!!!!!!

georgiapyro
06-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Thought i'd share a recent experience with you all. I just called the Fire Chief for my shoot location in September to see if I could get a permit in writing from him. He was unwilling to do so. Now granted, the location we go to is a small island and beach community, but I feel a bit uneasy about bringing 1.4 and 1.3 product without having a physical permit in hand. I know that he is going to allow me to shoot, but I wanted to have a physical permit in case I were to be stopped on the road by the police and they happen to notice my product. I want to be able to show not only that I can purchase the product, but also shoot it. Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice for a new guy. I just want to make sure I do everything the right way, especially the first time. Thanks.

indianahx
06-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Show him whatever propoganda you have that states you need to have a permit and not just a verbal "okay ill let you shoot"....