PDA

View Full Version : Special Request from the internet

displayfireworks1
05-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I received a special request from the internet. A woman in Portland Oregon wants to have the cremated remains of a loved on placed into a display fireworks shell. She tells me this man died accidently in a fire. He always loved fireworks and feels it would be a great way to honor his memory.
If someone out there specializes in this, please contact me. I already referred her to Dan at Tannerite because of his location. I will waive the no advertising rule on the forums for this request if someone wants to post someone that specializes in this sort of think.
Thanks Dave displayfireworks1

Steviet000
05-15-2012, 09:52 PM
As an urn? Or to be lit? Either way that sounds like a cool idea I will have to pass on to my wife.

fatcat
05-15-2012, 10:41 PM
Suggest that she goes to Google and type "Cremains in fireworks" That brought up a few sites that she could go to.

VFI_Fireworks
05-16-2012, 07:55 AM
I have actually did this for one of my shooters during his wedding fireworks, I had Albert @ LITTLE BIG SHOTS make the shell you can only use about a teaspoon of the ashes unless you use a very large shell. Some people seem to think you can put all the ashes in one or two shells. If that is the case it would be about 200 shells give or take.

VFI_Fireworks
05-16-2012, 08:02 AM
oh another thing ....There are legal rules about doing this so be sure to check your state for this... Your no longer permitted to put ashes into lakes streams and or any navigable or non navigable waters PA DEPT ENVIR PROT.

pyromaniac
05-16-2012, 09:32 AM
I would tell her to locate a local pyro club and ask them. To me they would be more likely to help her out. All those services advertised on the interweb are absurdly priced! They want you to purchase a whole display.

mici59
05-16-2012, 10:16 AM
Bob Lapietro of NY has done this, please message me if you are interested in contacting him.

oldfart
05-16-2012, 11:38 AM
This was the request of a member of one of the clubs I belong to. I, and my dog Jake, drove over 900 miles to pick up the ashes and deliver them to another club member, shell builder, to be placed in a nice tripple break. Ashes, about a teaspoon, were put in the bottom shot.

oldfart

displayfireworks1
05-16-2012, 10:47 PM
I am pleased to update this post that I received word that Dan at tennerite.com is going to help the woman that contacted me on the internet about having her loved ones cremated remains placed into a display fireworks shell . Thank you all for your responses.