View Full Version : thank god for wfboom lol

PennPyro70
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
just got the 2012 cataloge in the mail today for a well known firework company that i used last year and man did prices go up... im so glad i found that tour of wfboom on here, i actually to a ride up there this past saturday, heard some talk of an update video possibly? by the way shot the power 10 and power 9 off this past weekend for the first time and cant wait to go pick up some more.

Pyro@Mach13
05-08-2012, 07:44 PM
This was my first year buying from WFBoom, if it is always as smooth working with them as it was this year for me, I am in for life with them. I ordered with the big discount in March - 29 of my 33 cases are in my storage unit already. Sure made things easy this year with knowing what I have to work with. Last year I did not know right up till July 2!

VFI_Fireworks
05-08-2012, 09:02 PM
I still like kellners Bob and the whole staff work to get my requested items in as fast as customs allow. Never had dealings with vfboom but i did go on the site and its hard to navigate. Do they sell 1.3 or they just consumer. PennPyro70 I got your back if in need. I do need to get out more but nobody beats kellners as far as pricing for me.

J's12talk
05-08-2012, 09:07 PM
Their cakes are great and with 40% off in february it's a no brainer. Not a fan of their shells there ok but Kneppys is were its at for a big variety of high end shells.

J's12talk
05-08-2012, 09:08 PM
I still like kellners Bob and the whole staff work to get my requested items in as fast as customs allow. Never had dealings with vfboom but i did go on the site and its hard to navigate. Do they sell 1.3 or they just consumer. PennPyro70 I got your back if in need. I do need to get out more but nobody beats kellners as far as pricing for me.
Bob a nice guy but his product in general sucks.

PennPyro70
05-08-2012, 09:20 PM
i jus got my type 54 this year so i havnt shot much of bobs stuff due to living in pa. i went up to his demo nights and it wasnt too bad some stuff i liked and some i didnt. i hav only shot prob 10 diff 500g ones from wfboom and i hav liked everyone, i hav gotten two cases of their reloadables and have had about 5 blow rite out the mouth but other than that ive liked them lol im pretty sure we all know which place im talking bout with the pricing goin up. even tho they were already sky high lol VFI im glad to hear that thanks lol u guys hav any shoots coming up here soon?

Pyro@Mach13
05-09-2012, 09:21 AM
PennPyro70 - talking about the ghost eh?

On Kellners (haha I am not as hard on them as J - as I do not buy 1.3) - Mike is a class act at Kellner's, I like him. He does the artwork and the web stuff. I did like some of the product I bought there last year. Some of the new stuff of 2011 was very nice. BUT already much of what I liked is out of stock and not in the works to be returned (yes new for 2011 stuff). I mean, even "Its All Good," a classic cake, is not listed for this year.

VFI_Fireworks, WFboom is 1.4g with some of the best cakes around... buy in February and no one touches the prices, I have over 80 500 gram cakes that I paid under $20 bucks each for. The web site is easy to navigate and there are tons of videos.

georgiapyro
05-09-2012, 10:47 AM
I took advantage of WFboom's 40% pricing this year as well. Great prices, and great people to work with. Should have my 22 cases in about two weeks. Most everything I got I enjoyed on their website videos, so I've heard they are much better in person. The only downside to Boom is their reloadables. Even though I have not seen them in person, they just don't seem up to par with some of the other major canisters... Do most people feel this way that have seen them up close? I got a case of Electric Rain and a case of Asian Deuces. I'm hoping I'm wrong... haha

Pyro@Mach13
05-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Electric Rain and a case of Asian Deuces

Being new to wfboom, I have never tried those two, but from reading much, those seem to be the best they have and many like them.

firetruckie
05-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I buy mostly winda,big,and world class but after watching dave's video of wfboom tour they guy that I buy from sells thir brand so I picked up some of their 9 shot cakes

PennPyro70
05-09-2012, 12:59 PM
[QUOTE=Pyro@Mach13;10526]PennPyro70 - talking about the ghost eh?

Yes lol "the ghost" I like that lol

J's12talk
05-09-2012, 11:13 PM
I took advantage of WFboom's 40% pricing this year as well. Great prices, and great people to work with. Should have my 22 cases in about two weeks. Most everything I got I enjoyed on their website videos, so I've heard they are much better in person. The only downside to Boom is their reloadables. Even though I have not seen them in person, they just don't seem up to par with some of the other major canisters... Do most people feel this way that have seen them up close? I got a case of Electric Rain and a case of Asian Deuces. I'm hoping I'm wrong... haha

For as much attention they pay to getting high quality great effect cakes they've missed the boat on their shells. The first year they came out with the electric rain shells many of them per case blew in or just out of the mortars. Nice effects but production problems to be sure. They need to have someone take the bull by the horns and make a statement with their shell line. Even Kellners did it this year with their bomblastic cannister shells although the ones my friend got were moldy and unusable.

VFI_Fireworks
05-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Thats my only issue with kellener's" they sell out fast" but if you had 20 other stores buying in bulk all the good stuff, it leaves little for the little guy. I'm not sure on boom / kellner pricing but case price is 50% less than single purchase. Add 25% off for me paying cash and I'm sorry I cant complain. Bombblastic was sold out due do to 40 case, 20 case, 20 case purchases I didnt get even 1 but I did get 15 cases of 1.3 1.75" shells that nobody else got this year LOL HEHEHE

PennPyro70 If you want to meet the crew and play we are shooting at California Home Show May 19th but shooting from Newell. I will contact you! Anyone else wanting to show up we never turn help away....pm me for time & location

PyroJoeNEPA
05-10-2012, 09:05 AM
I did get 15 cases of 1.3 1.75" shells that nobody else got this year LOL HEHEHE....So you are the troublemaker that bought them all!!!!!!! Thanks!!!!!! LOL! Next year I will order them in January!!

VFI_Fireworks
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
I had to do something they arent carrying the salute zipper cake so I will make my own,,, And then I found IPI and Vinces special cake and bought 10 so I got all these 1.75" and I just get to play with them LOL You need some!!! I may have 1 left... Buggers are sweet....

Pyro@Mach13
05-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Thats my only issue with kellener's" they sell out fast"

and restocking is slllllooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Pyro@Mach13
05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
Even Kellners did it this year with their bomblastic cannister shells although the ones my friend got were moldy and unusable.

Utoh, I better get down to PA and check mine out asap. I better pick up some Proshells when I am in Michigan next month just to make sure on shells. I only have 150 tubes so I do not buy a ton. Or better yet give Joice a call?

georgiapyro
05-10-2012, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE]For as much attention they pay to getting high quality great effect cakes they've missed the boat on their shells. The first year they came out with the electric rain shells many of them per case blew in or just out of the mortars. Nice effects but production problems to be sure. They need to have someone take the bull by the horns and make a statement with their shell line. Even Kellners did it this year with their bomblastic cannister shells although the ones my friend got were moldy and unusable./QUOTE]

Do you think I should still be concerned with Boom's shells? I would hate to have spend all of the money just to have the shells blow up the tubes or flowerpot out... To be honest, I didn't want to get them in the first place, but felt that I didn't have enough to buy to meet a minimum for another wholesaler. Might have to work something else out next time.

PyroJoeNEPA
05-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I had to do something they arent carrying the salute zipper cake so I will make my own,,, And then I found IPI and Vinces special cake and bought 10 so I got all these 1.75" and I just get to play with them LOL You need some!!! I may have 1 left... Buggers are sweet....
So now you can out do Dave's 366 salute video for 1.75" salutes---15 cases x 288 pieces per case=4,320 salutes! Let me know when you are gonna light that one up!!!

jungle cat
05-10-2012, 11:07 AM
Their electric rain shells are much improved from when they first came out. I bought 2 cases of electric rain for part of my finale and did not have one problem with any of them. Now I am not saying they are the best can out there but they do have nice effects.

georgiapyro
05-10-2012, 11:30 AM
Glad to hear you say that Jungle Cat... Makes me feel a little better. Maybe in years to come I will invest in some better shells, but who knows, I may like the ER once I see them in person... never know!

PennPyro70
05-11-2012, 11:52 AM
VFI u hav my contact info let me kno whats goin on wit that