View Full Version : Dominator 1.4 Pro Video

afc1902
05-02-2012, 11:06 AM
Here is a great video of our Dominator 1.4 Pro Demo from this past weekend. I would like to thank Bob Felmly (aka SummitPyro) for filming the event. He also filmed the Dominator and Legend portions of the demo and our Pyromusical. I will post those soon. Thanks again to all that came out and Bob for the film!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhMsr6cRTO8

Jdrobinson13
05-03-2012, 12:36 AM
Some products in that video I need to get my hands on!

nrubmx
05-05-2012, 11:40 PM
wow im lovin those 13 shot fans

displayfireworks1
05-06-2012, 01:37 AM
When I look at these articles of pyrotechnics and the advances in the “Backyard” firing systems like the new Cobra I think it is time for someone to design a pre-packaged display. Let me explain. The new Cobra Fireworks Firing System remote has a USB drive and the capacity to run a preprogrammed fireworks display. Let’s say the typical Cobra owner has three to five modules. If a fireworks choreographer using this module example designs a 5-minute display with these Articles Of Pyrotechnics you can then purchase a preprogramed fireworks display. You download the preprogrammed display onto your computer and transfer it over to the Cobra remote with a USB flash drive. You purchase a budgeted display and follow the instruction. The choreographer has to print out a template for each cue. The fireworks distributor has video of multiple displays using the Cobra and their product. You pick which display you want to shoot and buy the show and follow the instructions. Of course the more Cobra modules you have the more complex and lengthy the display can become. Now that Cobra is launching the new remote that can accommodate preprogrammed display there will be a market for a preprogrammed display in the near future.
This same technique is used now by professional fireworks companies. Using say a FireOne they have preprogrammed computerized displays at various budget levels , Five thousand, ten thousand etc. Therefore, instead of designing a display that is unique to a fireworks company, someone is designing a display for upscale backyard pyros new to fireworks choreography. If you really think about it, the new Cobra remote has the capacity to carry out a chorography fireworks display but how many people really have experience programming such a display.

flynlr
05-06-2012, 02:41 AM
Dave that sound like a good idea.

uetzb
05-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Sounds like Dave has a new business opportunity. If someone was selling preprogrammed shows for backyard displays, with the remotes and instructions on how to set it up I think there would be a lot of buyers. It could include download links from the web to get the program. Once people had the equipment, they could buy and download new programs from the web if they wanted to change up their show.

For me, I currently just set up my show by picturing it in my head and noting the durations of the products I have and then guesstimating to get it all hooked together. It's fun and turns out well, but I know it could be a lot more cohesive and look better if it had more tightly controlled planning like a Cobra system would have.

Pyro@Mach13
05-07-2012, 05:44 PM
To me a great amount of the enjoyment of doing a display is learning product effects and creating the show. I really do not want someone to do it for me, but that said. This would be a great idea for those not willing to spend the great amount of time it takes to create a show.

uetzb
05-08-2012, 08:42 AM
Don't get me wrong, I like creating the show. I guess for me something like this would help with the firing times. I could put whatever types of fireworks in the show in the sequence I wanted, but the system would fire them off in a set sequence. Ideally there would be suggested sequences, but you could also alter them to fit your timing.

I think it would bring a lot more people who are interested in pyro into it, because they could make a show without all the guesswork if they were just starting out.

The veteran pyros would probably not be interested, but could probably find some interesting ways to modify it for some purpose that fit their needs.