PDA

View Full Version : American Fireworks Company Demo Pre-Orders and 1.3 Continuing Education Class

afc1902
04-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Anyone who wants to place a pre-order for our demo April 28th can e-mail me at johndavid@americanfireworks.com up until next Wed. the 25th. If you don't have our price list let me know and i'll get it out to you. Also, we will be doing our 1.3 continuing education class at 1:00 pm and any pyrotalk member is welcome to attend. This fulfills your continuing education requirements for your state shooter license. I just need to know by this Friday the 20th so we can nail down the numbers. Thanks

J's12talk
04-24-2012, 10:26 PM
Who is going? Also make sure you get your pre-orders in. I noticed that they have a reloadable comet shell that should be checked out.

wpman321
04-27-2012, 09:33 PM
I am going and will be in the class and also to pick up what I ordered a case of mammoth strobe, mammoth sun ring,pro 1.4 shell brocade to red tips, pro 1.4 red peony to delayed crackle, 1.4 pro Dominator 13s fan brocade and red star mines to white strobe willow shells, FYI the class will be held in a tent outside so you have to dress appropriately for the cold and I think it will be raining. I was there last year and I never met you J's12talk maybe I will this year.

J's12talk
04-27-2012, 10:04 PM
I am going and will be in the class and also to pick up what I ordered a case of mammoth strobe, mammoth sun ring,pro 1.4 shell brocade to red tips, pro 1.4 red peony to delayed crackle, 1.4 pro Dominator 13s fan brocade and red star mines to white strobe willow shells, FYI the class will be held in a tent outside so you have to dress appropriately for the cold and I think it will be raining. I was there last year and I never met you J's12talk maybe I will this year.

I'll be at the class as well. You can never know to much. See you there.

displayfireworks1
04-27-2012, 10:32 PM
American Fireworks has a great line of the “1.4 Articles of Pyrotechnics”. If you are advancing into electronic firing with firing systems, these AP’s should be considered. The up side of these is they are ported for electric match, thus they respond quickly and predictably, they are not required to meet any restrictive composition requirements that govern consumer fireworks and they do not require any restrictive storage requirements when kept in reasonable amounts.
American Fireworks carries the Dominator line of 1.4 Articles of Pyrotechnics; I heard a rumor that Dominator is developing an “Air Burst” effect to compete with the Tannerite line of M-25’s. Problem is with the backup in EX number approval this could all be on hold somewhere. An alternative would be a hard breaking color effect in the 1.4 AP line.
If you are new to electrical firing of fireworks and want to experiment with these 1.4 AP’s I would recommend adding them on a few of your cues somewhere in your display like the middle. Referencing my professional displays, we would stop an air display of shells somewhere at the halfway point and hit strobe pots around each barge and from the tops of buildings allowing them to burn, then go back into the air display. This breaks the monotony of a constant air display and allows you to show the audience you are in full control of the display. Remember most audience members have no idea how this all works and with a simple effect like stopping and starting the air display with a firing system you can enhance the display. However, at the same time when you stop a display you still want something burning, this is where strobes come in to play. I did this in one of my older videos when I did a backyard display for New Years Eve and the people loved it.
Here is my video from 2006 before there were Articles of Pyrotechnic and Cobra Firing Systems. This is actually in my backyard when I invite some of neighbors over for New Years Eve. I added some simple effects like strobe pots and angled Roman Candle firings and they loved it. I had to improvise with Consumer Fireworks at the time but now with the AP's you can purchase strobe pots and angle fired effects. It is great way for the person new to firing systems to experiment. Here is the old video where I used strobe pots starting after the 3:20 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJa5LaJgEDQ

displayfireworks1
04-27-2012, 10:44 PM
If you have a fireworks firing system and meet their criteria to purchase these 1.4 Articles of Pyrotechnics. Here is one of my videos from 2012 to give you an idea of what they look like. I will also include my tour of American Fireworks video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aBuWgR7vbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF70c4Ul29U
This should help get you excited for their demo.