PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Fireworks

BigBang87
03-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Ok so I thought I would start this thread because I know if I have this question Im sure other people do as well.

I'm looking to find some of my favorite cakes that I can no longer find around where I live. I would love to try some new companies like Spirit Of '76 but I would have to have them shipped to me and I have never done that before.

So my question is how does shipping fireworks work and with the shipping costs is it worth it??

Any insight would be appreciated!

Pyro Nation
03-01-2011, 02:46 AM
I get fireworks shipped all the time from Florida to NY and PA. It is quite painless, but freight cost depends on the weight ofcourse. Most I paid was $320 for shipping and that was for $2500 in wholesale fireworks. There is plenty of firework companies that ship to ya. I know one that will ship the whole order no matter what size for only $139

I see your in PA BIg.. I am as well. Shoot me a pm and can talk a bit more about some companies

fatcat
03-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Depending on your distance from the vendor, shipping is a viable option. Factor in cost of fuel, driving distance, perhaps a trailer rental, motel expenses etc and you find that shipping is well worth the cost. I just factor that in to my pyro budget. The only drawback is waiting too long to make the purchase. Weather conditions could affect the shipper, and you may not get the product on time. (Personal experience, my NYE fireworks arrived Jan.3. Thank goodness there was still some left in the stash. LOL)

fireworksman74
03-01-2011, 03:42 PM
least expensive way is to get a group buy together amoung your friends or even people on here and split the ship cost

BigBang87
03-01-2011, 04:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the info about shipping I have been thinking alot about getting some stuff sent to me, it seems easy enough from what you all have said. Now I just have to figure out what I want......that could be a problem...lol

Fireworksman74...I think i am going to be doing a group buy, its just hard cause not alot of people I know buy fireworks.