PDA

View Full Version : First Demo Of The Season Has Come And Gone.

J's12talk
04-01-2012, 09:25 PM
I went to the first demo of the season within our region this saturday. It was great to get out and see everyone and smell the smoke. Next up Kellners, followed by American Fireworks, Kneppys and I.P.I. Not sure if A Rockets the home of Sisters brand is having one this year yet. I would like to go to Lynchs and Bigs but their a little out of my distance range.

jknepp1954
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
Yes - that was a nice demo. was surprised to see that many turn out - and from all over - Ohio, md, NY -
See some of you again at Kellners - and hopefully at our demo.
Again i need to get my thoughts all laid out here for details - but basically demo is May 5 @ Morrisdale, Pa. 16858

UniversalPyro
04-02-2012, 04:47 PM
Was a good time and good to see everyone. next up, Kellners. It's good to see what these companies have to offer and how they want you to buy their product from them, so they put there best foot forward. Was Great to see you Jay and Joyce! See ya at Kellners...

J's12talk
04-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Was a good time and good to see everyone. next up, Kellners. It's good to see what these companies have to offer and how they want you to buy their product from them, so they put there best foot forward. Was Great to see you Jay and Joyce! See ya at Kellners...

At least we know where not to buy shells after that demo. They were extemely expensive and not all that good. The 8" were quite good but priced out of sight as well.

coachtimmyj
04-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Damn guys, I wish I had known you all were there. Did I happen to talk with any of you? I know there were a few guys I talked to that night who I met for the first time, a couple in just casual conversation. If you talked to a short, pudgy guy wearing a NLPC hat, glasses, goatee, and light jacket (thank god for the fire pit) let me know who you were please.

Joyce, as always, good seeing you and Henry, looking forward to seeing you guys in about a week and a half.

As for the product, I thought the Crown 2.5" were pretty good and reasonably priced (not great, but not horrible). The Yung Feng is priced comparable to most vendors who stock it, simply the best quality of any company out there from top to bottom as far as I'm concerned and when compared to some of the other "high quality" shells, I think YF is priced very reasonably. I wouldn't think of using many other lines in my personal shows aside from YF. Was very disappointed with the San Tai and Mansuna crap, very over-rated based on the pricing. Of course, the private label silver breaking glass comets are still among the top 5 comets I've ever seen in my life and at $5/each for 3", they are a bargain imo. I plan to pick up several cases this summer for displays and am trying to talk my boss into ordering some for our shows, simply gorgeous. The Crown cakes are coming along, I especially liked the blue in the one mine cake, VERY nice blue I thought.

All in all, we (I brought up my son and two friends who shoot with me) had a great time, enjoyed the evening, and picked up some nice product.

J's12talk
04-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Damn guys, I wish I had known you all were there. Did I happen to talk with any of you? I know there were a few guys I talked to that night who I met for the first time, a couple in just casual conversation. If you talked to a short, pudgy guy wearing a NLPC hat, glasses, goatee, and light jacket (thank god for the fire pit) let me know who you were please.

Joyce, as always, good seeing you and Henry, looking forward to seeing you guys in about a week and a half.

As for the product, I thought the Crown 2.5" were pretty good and reasonably priced (not great, but not horrible). The Yung Feng is priced comparable to most vendors who stock it, simply the best quality of any company out there from top to bottom as far as I'm concerned and when compared to some of the other "high quality" shells, I think YF is priced very reasonably. I wouldn't think of using many other lines in my personal shows aside from YF. Was very disappointed with the San Tai and Mansuna crap, very over-rated based on the pricing. Of course, the private label silver breaking glass comets are still among the top 5 comets I've ever seen in my life and at $5/each for 3", they are a bargain imo. I plan to pick up several cases this summer for displays and am trying to talk my boss into ordering some for our shows, simply gorgeous. The Crown cakes are coming along, I especially liked the blue in the one mine cake, VERY nice blue I thought.

All in all, we (I brought up my son and two friends who shoot with me) had a great time, enjoyed the evening, and picked up some nice product.

The crown cakes have been pretty good from them, I wasn't to impressed with the 1.3g cakes they chose to demo except the salute cake. The breaking glass comets were incredible. As far as the 2.5" shells I agree that they were pretty good but the price on their standard quality shells is way to high. If you want a very good shell at a really good price the guy you were talking to by the fire at the demo is who you want to get them from. PM me if you don't know who I'm talking about.

UniversalPyro
04-03-2012, 10:33 PM
The crown cakes have been pretty good from them, I wasn't to impressed with the 1.3g cakes they chose to demo except the salute cake. The breaking glass comets were incredible. As far as the 2.5" shells I agree that they were pretty good but the price on their standard quality shells is way to high. If you want a very good shell at a really good price the guy you were talking to by the fire at the demo is who you want to get them from. PM me if you don't know who I'm talking about.

Many cakes i shot from them are better than what i saw that night, didn't know why they skimp on the quantity of cakes? but that was their choice. Shells are ok, but overpriced compared to the competition. The comets were really good :) Good beginning to kick the show off with the Star Fire system to give a little taste of what it can do :) Great time!

rcerone1979
04-04-2012, 04:45 PM
I went to the first demo of the season within our region this saturday. It was great to get out and see everyone and smell the smoke. Next up Kellners, followed by American Fireworks, Kneppys and I.P.I. Not sure if A Rockets the home of Sisters brand is having one this year yet. I would like to go to Lynchs and Bigs but their a little out of my distance range.

I will be at Bigs in SC, I will have video as well pictures, let me know if you want any footage of anything in paticular or w/e.