PDA

View Full Version : Type 4 container

UniversalPyro
03-29-2012, 06:34 PM
anyone knows where i can get type 4 container for my property, let me know, im looking to buy NOW!

Easternpapyro
03-29-2012, 06:55 PM
indoor or outdoor? you could build your own out of a shed unless you want it portable and keep in mind indoor you can only store up to 50lbs of composition

UniversalPyro
03-29-2012, 06:56 PM
outdoor, and no interest in building one, need one up to ATF regulation

J's12talk
03-29-2012, 09:03 PM
Modifying a used shipping container is your best bet. Prices for premade mags. are extremely high. Search online for pricing.

jknepp1954
03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
http://www.yellowpages.com/clarion-pa/storage-containers?g=Clarion%2C+PA&q=storage+containers
There is probably several location in your area that sells/rents 20' or 40' storage containers. The above is a link from yellowpages.com - you may have to refine it a bit - but will give you a start. We have 3 old 40' ATF approved here - but not for sale as i still need for basic storage for 1.4g.
For a 20' decent container around here runs about $2500 give or take, plus delivery is additional.
Next time you are over here, i can let you take a look see how we had modified them. Boy while you are looking if you could get an aluminium one - all you have to do is get 2 hooded locks installed, place on your property and you are good to go!
Oops i forgot one other thing - the PA DEP also needs an approved double hooded locked gate to cross over your road back to mag. - and not a farm gate from Central Tractor either...

r1dermon
03-29-2012, 10:42 PM
finding a fully outfitted type IV might be a PITA. ebay has containers though from all over the country. just find someone local. delivery is usually a couple hundred bucks. its not hard to make it into a type 4 though.

jknepp1954
03-29-2012, 10:47 PM
universal - clean your pm box up a bit - can't get pm through - LOL

UniversalPyro
03-29-2012, 10:52 PM
i cleaned it up...

coachtimmyj
03-29-2012, 10:54 PM
Most definitely the easiest method is to find a used shipping container, line it, put on your hoods and locks, and done. Searched around until I found a deal on one ($1500 plus delivery), lined it using a floating OSB wall system we designed (nothing is attached to the interior walls to ensure no leaks), picked up the hoods from ATF in KY and my buddy (he's half owner) ordered the locks. Set the container on railroad ties (check with your local agent first some have different ideas on what you can/can't place them on) and started filling her up :) Once the container was set in place, took me and my buddy about 5 hrs to line it, including painting the interior of the doors with epoxy paint. At the end of the day, we probably have about $3000 in it including the cost of delivery (very expensive part).

UniversalPyro
03-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Thanks for sharing that! I will look into that with a used shipping container. What were the hoods from ATF?

oldfart
03-29-2012, 11:30 PM
I bought my hoods and locks from Ranger. Found them latter through google search a lot cheaper

dick

Easternpapyro
03-30-2012, 09:57 PM
i dont believe anybody sells the hoods you have to make them but i believe if you use the hockey puck style locks you do not need hoods thats how it was for my indoor magazine and my agent said locks are the same for outdoor so they are your best bet i think they are $40 each from home depot

J's12talk
03-30-2012, 10:48 PM
i dont believe anybody sells the hoods you have to make them but i believe if you use the hockey puck style locks you do not need hoods thats how it was for my indoor magazine and my agent said locks are the same for outdoor so they are your best bet i think they are $40 each from home depot

Lock hoods are commercially available from multiple places. I know they were working on making hockey puck locks universally excepted.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-31-2012, 11:07 AM
I have a friend that is just getting final ATF approval on a 48" container. It has 2 hockey puck locks on it--no hood required with them. Also, he had to put a gate in front of the magazine--got an approval to weld the gate directly to the container & use a lock & hood on it.
Here is a 10'x8'x8' new at a really nice price:
http://www.jobsiteexpress.com/servlet/the-97683/10x8x8-Dry-Goods-Container/Detail

indianahx
03-31-2012, 12:55 PM
I have a friend that is just getting final ATF approval on a 48" container.

Won't be able to fit much in there!!!

Easternpapyro
03-31-2012, 08:02 PM
hockey puck locks are the new standard as per my atf agent that is all that is required no hoods

Pyro Nation
04-01-2012, 03:02 AM
Won't be able to fit much in there!!!

LOL.... yeah.... 48" is kind of small joe....... I prefer the 48' one instead... : OP

PyroJoeNEPA
04-02-2012, 09:35 AM
LOL.... yeah.... 48" is kind of small joe....... I prefer the 48' one instead... : OP

Duh--- short fat Italians have pudgy fingers--make a lot of typos--you know it was 48 feet......but it is ok to bust on me--it will give Jay a break from the verbal abuse for a while!