PDA

View Full Version : Type 54 process and update

KHeffner
03-26-2012, 12:05 PM
Got Dave's DVD's in the mail this weekend and filled out the application and put it into the mail this morning. Now just the waiting game. Want to thank Dave and everyone on their help with this process. Will keep updating as I move along.

PennPyro70
03-26-2012, 03:47 PM
Good luck man. Don't sweat the interview jus went thro my interview not bad at all

KHeffner
03-26-2012, 03:54 PM
About how long does the interview really last. I know they say allot 3 hrs or so, but what is everyone's real experience with how long it really lasts.

Pyro Nation
03-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Mine was 42 minutes... Most of that was BSing around about shipping and china... If ya dont have storage of your own it cuts it way down

TitaniumsalTDI
03-27-2012, 11:57 PM
my interview was about an hour and like the other guys said don't sweat it, we actually talked a lot about other stuff in the fireworks world instead of the type 54, you'll do great!

KHeffner
03-28-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the feed back guys. I will keep you updated. Just doing a little reading and reviewing Dave's DVD's

PennPyro70
03-28-2012, 04:14 PM
my interview lasted bout 2 1/2 but again talked bout alot of other stuff not even pertaining to fireworks. lol we talked bout fishin and stuff like that mad it go a lot smoother i think.

indianahx
03-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Atf = gov'ment= waiting game.....all there is to it

KHeffner
04-27-2012, 01:09 PM
Just scheduled my interview for Monday the 30th. Very excited. Does anyone have any last minute tips, advise, suggestions or anything else the can offer.

Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Pyro@Mach13
04-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Brush your teeth, comb your hair, hide your explosives...... haha j/k

KHeffner
04-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Check, check and double check

VFI_Fireworks
04-27-2012, 06:04 PM
If your wifes hot have her dress up really sexy like and have her keep walking in and out of the room asking the agent if there is ANYTHING she can get him.... Working on make fake ATF badge now. lol

displayfireworks1
04-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Remember the ATF interview at your home is not a quiz and it is not a competency test. Think of it as more of an educational event. They are going to review the checklist I outlined in the video. You will be ask to sign a paper that you have a full understanding of what was just explained to you. I predict you will be fine.
To anyone reading this that is contemplating getting their ATF Display Fireworks license, remember the procedure is the same no matter what state in United States you live in. I had the chance to ask the ATF a few questions recently. Using the state of Ohio as an example. Rumor throughout the pyro community has it that it is impossible to get an ATF license in Ohio because the state of Ohio has “State” requirements that need met to shoot display fireworks. I ask the ATF representatives is the ATF 1.3 license approval contingent upon getting certifications from the state of Ohio to shoot display fireworks? Their answer is no, but when you have an ATF you agree to follow all laws related to display fireworks. What I want everyone to know is one is not contingent upon the other. People that sell fireworks require that you have an ATF license no matter how many state certifications you have. If you have no state certifications and an ATF license, you can still purchase 1.3 fireworks in any state in United States. If you have 50, state certifications you still cannot purchase 1.3 fireworks without an ATF license. The purchase of 1.3 fireworks is regulated by the Federal Government, not the states. If your desire is to be able to purchase 1.3 fireworks like salutes, Thunder Kings and display shells you will need the ATF license.

crackerbomb
04-27-2012, 10:10 PM
The hardest part for me on getting my 54 permit was filling out the application. Filling it out was easy its that my hand writting isn't the best. I do live in Ohio and like Dave has stated it doesn't matter were you live.

KHeffner
04-27-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks to everyone for the information. (especially Dave for all of his hard work and dedication). While speaking with the ATF agent on the phone he sounded very nice and did describe the meeting as a compliance meeting. He said not to worry about it.

I will update everyone after my meeting Monday afternoon.

VFI_Fireworks
04-28-2012, 09:05 AM
KHeffner, make sure you dress properly, wear your pyrotalk tee-shirt and keep saying yes Dave taught me that in his tell all video. From my experience a plate of mixed cookies and coffee seems to make everything go alot faster. Oh and remember to exemplify your pride in your country, the good ole USA. It never hurts. Well when your taxes come in and when they make laws that take away more of our freedom it hurts alittle. But actually in one of the papers written to around the 4th someone wrote " lets us take to the streets and celebrate this day with fireworks"