PDA

View Full Version : what are everyone's plans for the open shoot?

TitaniumsalTDI
03-23-2012, 11:22 AM
i am going to be attending the open shoot on the 19th, i cannot make it to the shooters cert class, as i have a prior obligation. Can anyone tell me how it goes, i've never done it before? also what do you guys fire with? i plan on bringing my new firing system to retest it out, and i'm currently thinking of a budget on what i'd like to spend because i'm going to take advantage of the 1.4 50% off sale as well.

J's12talk
03-23-2012, 11:24 PM
Order your 1.3g a couple days in advance or sooner. Bring your own mortars and the open shoot will start either at 5 or 6 o'clock. 1.4g shoots up front, 1.3g shoots in back. Sign in with the PPA personal on site. Bring safety goggles and if your shooting 1.3g bring a hard hat as well. 1.3g should be half off piece price as well as 1.4g. Contact them in advance if you have a type54 permit, they will want a copy sent along with a driver license and a sign copy of another form that you need to do annually.Copies of state licenses and state shooter certification should be sent as well if applicable.

coachtimmyj
03-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Copies of state licenses and state shooter certification should be sent as well if applicable.

This part seems a bit odd to me, they require you to show a state license/certification in order to purchase? Never heard of that before since the state licensing has nothing to do with purchasing, only shooting in said state. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Are you meaning for instance, since I live in MD, I would have to bring my state certification card with me in order to purchase?

jknepp1954
03-24-2012, 10:37 PM
I have not kept up with the 1.3 laws too much in the past 5 years = but for 1.3g purchase only 1.3 lic needed of some type...and drivers license. And i try to keep up with these things "just in case..."
Although I did bump across a display company one time that wanted this and that and everything else under the sun before you left with their fireworks - ridiculous!

J's12talk
03-25-2012, 10:32 PM
This part seems a bit odd to me, they require you to show a state license/certification in order to purchase? Never heard of that before since the state licensing has nothing to do with purchasing, only shooting in said state. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. Are you meaning for instance, since I live in MD, I would have to bring my state certification card with me in order to purchase?

The state license and shooter certification came into play before I had my type54 permit. It was needed for buying the B.O.S.S. system. Also by them having this info all of my reciepts have on my fed. and my state numbers on them. It can't hurt when it comes to an ATF review.

coachtimmyj
03-26-2012, 08:59 AM
The state license and shooter certification came into play before I had my type54 permit. It was needed for buying the B.O.S.S. system. Also by them having this info all of my reciepts have on my fed. and my state numbers on them. It can't hurt when it comes to an ATF review.

Okay, gotcha, wasn't thinking about the B.O.S.S. stuff which you can purchase without ATF (except the salutes) as long as you have state certificate or permit.

J's12talk
03-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Okay, gotcha, wasn't thinking about the B.O.S.S. stuff which you can purchase without ATF (except the salutes) as long as you have state certificate or permit.

It's all good coach, I have a great deal of respect for your knowledge and experience. Glad to have you here to help improve the forums credibility. There is a lot of questionable safety and other issues that need guidance. Thank you!

displayfireworks1
03-27-2012, 12:31 AM
If all goes according to plan, I will be at Kellners Fireworks all three days of the demo. For the open shoot night, I will buy some 1.3 to shoot for fun and see what else is going on. I will bring a grill and cook some hot dogs. I will also have a special price on a pyrotalk T-shirt. So if you have been holding out for a T-shirt that will be your chance to get one. The Hoodies are down to two sizes left xl and very few large.
On Friday, I will up for the ATF Seminar. I am glad they scheduled it for 1pm instead of early as they did last year. Then I am going to go to Scott’s seminar about the Cobra Firing System.
If anyone on the forum is coming for the first time and has recently obtained their ATF license, please approach me. I see the names on the forums but may not recognize you in person. The Kellners demo is always a great fun time and welcomes in the start of the fireworks season.

Pyro Nation
03-27-2012, 12:46 AM
YES... I finally get to meet DAVE in person....LOL

Especially since without the videos I bought from you I never would of had the 54...THANK YOU!!!!!!

TitaniumsalTDI
03-27-2012, 12:25 PM
I will be at kellner's for the open shoot, i'm probably get there early on thursday to get a good position. i cannot make it to the demo nights i have to work. i'm eager to meet everyone on the boards and just have a good day talking and shooting fireworks. i should have my license any day now coming in the mail. i called kellners yesterday and the guy i was talking to said they will have mortars already set up and i don't need to bring mine. but can i bring my firing system?

UniversalPyro
03-27-2012, 06:29 PM
i will be there all three days, attending PGI Class and also Cobra firing system seminar, it will be nice to see everyone! Also gonna get 1.3 product to shoot, cant wait!

Pyro Nation
03-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Well, make sure you bring the hard hat and safety glasses then for the 1.3 : O P

UniversalPyro
03-27-2012, 09:32 PM
pyro, are you doing Scott's class for cobra? i know you know all about it but i thought it would still be good to sit on.

Pyro Nation
03-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Yes I am doing his seminar he is having.... You can always learn something new.....

J's12talk
03-27-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm going to see if they will put out a 12" mortar for me. If so I will put up a couple of 12" shells during the open shoot on thursday.

Pyro Nation
03-27-2012, 11:20 PM
LOL.... I hope they do... I for one have never seen a 12" shell set off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TitaniumsalTDI
03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
can i wear my eye glasses as safety glasses, and is there any other clothing requirements besides a hard hat?

Pyro Nation
03-28-2012, 12:24 AM
Well, If the eye glasses are impact rated and has side shields....

crackerbomb
03-28-2012, 04:11 AM
I may be packing up my family because I may be moving to Tennessee with my job.

jknepp1954
03-28-2012, 05:06 AM
can i wear my eye glasses as safety glasses, and is there any other clothing requirements besides a hard hat?
From my memory of last year - safety glasses are a must. If you don't have, the safety crew has safety glasses you can buy -
NO ONE is allowed to shoot unless you do have minimally these. or if you have as pyroliffic says - works too!

PyroJoeNEPA
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
If anyone is in a pinch for a hard hat I have a couple new ones I got for my installation crew a couple years ago & didn't use them all. I can throw a couple in the back of the SUV if someone is in need. Let me know--space is at a premium on this trip! They are plain orange hard hats--not the cool ones with the built in ear muffs--so don't forget ear plugs or muffs!

PyroJoeNEPA
03-28-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm going to see if they will put out a 12" mortar for me. If so I will put up a couple of 12" shells during the open shoot on thursday.

Jay, you the man!!!

Pyro Nation
03-28-2012, 08:26 PM
If anyone is in a pinch for a hard hat I have a couple new ones I got for my installation crew a couple years ago & didn't use them all. I can throw a couple in the back of the SUV if someone is in need. Let me know--space is at a premium on this trip! They are plain orange hard hats--not the cool ones with the built in ear muffs--so don't forget ear plugs or muffs!

I usually bring along a bag full of the disposable earplugs if people need some.

J's12talk
03-28-2012, 09:17 PM
I usually bring along a bag full of the disposable earplugs if people need some.

At my age I usually bring along a bag full of disposable depends. LOL! and yes I will share!

Pyro Nation
03-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Yeah.. well ya probably use them after ya watch the Mexican shells and then are pouting... : OP

J's12talk
03-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Yeah.. well ya probably use them after ya watch the Mexican shells and then are pouting... : OP

Thats not pouting, those are tears of sadness and yes depends sop up tears well.

rcerone1979
03-30-2012, 03:27 PM
I will be there all 3 days and attending the pgi as well as all the seminars. Cant buy the 1.3 as of yet but soon, I purchased Daves videos back in Feb. but the company thats giving me permission for the contingency has been real busy, he said I should have it this week or next. Then I can finally send in my application. Hopefully by may or june I should have it. See you all there, just look for the short fat italian guy, lol.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-30-2012, 04:47 PM
See you all there, just look for theshort fat italian guy, lol.
Hey--I thought that was me--do I have a twin out there!!!
Dove è il mio fratello gemello?

Pyro Nation
03-30-2012, 04:55 PM

i am crying now laughing so hard.... its gonna be a fun time...lol

jknepp1954
03-30-2012, 05:23 PM

I will be there all 3 days and attending the pgi as well as all the seminars. Cant buy the 1.3 as of yet but soon, I purchased Daves videos back in Feb. but the company thats giving me permission for the contingency has been real busy, he said I should have it this week or next. Then I can finally send in my application. Hopefully by may or june I should have it. See you all there, just look for the short fat italian guy, lol.
Seems like there will be alot of short Italian guys there.
See you either Friday or Saturday.

J's12talk
03-30-2012, 10:51 PM
Seems like there will be alot of short Italian guys there.
See you either Friday or Saturday.

Looks like dave is going to have to skip the hotdogs and bring Italian sausages.

Lampare
04-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I will be there Thursday morning,yes the guy with the insane black powder rockets is coming with me,I am driving a grey F350 dually.

BlingKing
04-15-2012, 08:53 PM
I wish i could go, but i don't have my license yet and ill be stuck in Iowa :(. Have fun tho

displayfireworks1
04-15-2012, 09:08 PM
You have to buy a T-shirt to get a free hotdog and a drink. Moreover, the price of the T-Shirt is reduced. My portable grill is not big enough to cook hot sausage. If anyone else has portable charcoal grills and wants to drag then along Thursday please feel free to do so. I will supply the charcoal. Bring propane lighters to help light the grills. Hate to use fluid it leaves a bad taste. If you have something cool for me to video like old fireworks or anything bring it along to show everyone. Don’t forget to bring your portable chairs. I have some scrape wood from Home Depot I am going to build a table for the food, but an extra table would be great also.

rcerone1979
04-15-2012, 09:18 PM
I wont have have atf in time for the demo, my interview is May 4th should have it before the 4th of July though, but daves dvd package def. helped. If its ok I can still hang out with you guys. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!. lol. If anyone needs any help, I will help with whatever cooking, carrying, help with setup w/e. Dave I need a 3xl T-Shirt, make sure you have atleast 1 for me, lol. I am still buying a few cases of 1.4 stuff to blow off.

displayfireworks1
04-15-2012, 11:06 PM
I am out of XXXL T-Shirts and Hoodies
I have all other sizes of T-shirts small, med, large, XL and XXL

Hoodies are XL and very few large. Other sizes are gone.

I will bring some of whatever I have.