PDA

View Full Version : Pricing

UniversalPyro
03-22-2012, 04:36 PM
Anyone else notice that the 1.3 budget will be up this year!!! i see all pricing across the board has gone up. What a bummer, and im sure its gonna get worse, just like gas at $3.98 in Western PA.

indianahx
03-22-2012, 05:55 PM
From the distributors catalog I got I didn't notice that much....a few were even down

displayfireworks1
03-22-2012, 07:32 PM
Since this is in the display fireworks section of the forums I will assume we are talking about the price of 1.3 fireworks. I personally think that for a case of 72 three inch shells priced between $160.00 and $300.00 depending on effects and quality is still a deal. A single cake effect that last 25 seconds and is priced over $100.00 is understandable expensive. The trick is to invest in a set of mortars. Most professional fireworks companies shoot displays with mostly display shells. It is the most cost effective way to shoot a display. Problem is most of us either can’t afford or can’t store a large amount of mortars in preparation for one or two displays a year. If you want to shoot 1.3 fireworks in the most cost effective way, you need to invest in mortars and racks.
Fireworks are an expensive endeavor there is no doubt. To get the most bangs for your buck you are going to do best with 1.3 purchases. I usually advise people to use both 1.4 and 1.3 fireworks for a typical upscale backyard display. If you electric match more than one of the same 1.4 cake and space out the distance between the simultaneous firings it can appear very dramatic. In favor of the 1.4 category, there are certain effects in the 1.4 category you cannot get in 1.3. Be creative. Use something like strobes or fountains as fillers. They always say people only remember the opener and the finale. Always plan on having a nice finale for you display. When I design a backyard display I usually do it the opposite of the way most people would figure it would be done. I create the finale first and the opener second.

UniversalPyro
03-22-2012, 08:03 PM
i understand what your saying Dave, i just noticed that two different vendors i delt with last year has raised prices this year, but just like everything else, everything is going up! Good pointers though!

Pyro Nation
03-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Yes.. From people I have talked to for 1.3 or 1.4... Prices are on average going up any wheres from 5% to 15%

crackerbomb
03-22-2012, 08:37 PM
Thats why I got a cost of living raise at work last week. To bad its wasn't 5 to 15%

coachtimmyj
03-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Labor shortages, rising shipping costs & restrictions, as well as the crazy weather in China the last two seasons are all contributing factors to the rising costs. Not gonna get any better either as more and more labor leaves the factories to move into different (and safer) industries, DOT regulations get tighter (there is a plan in the works which would deny the importation of any kind of flash broke product from being imported if the DOT get their way), fuel costs continue to rise, etc, etc. Things are going to get a little crazy in the industry over the next few years.

BigMO
03-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Since this is in the display fireworks section of the forums I will assume we are talking about the price of 1.3 fireworks. I personally think that for a case of 72 three inch shells priced between $160.00 and $300.00 depending on effects and quality is still a deal. A single cake effect that last 25 seconds and is priced over $100.00 is understandable expensive. The trick is to invest in a set of mortars. Most professional fireworks companies shoot displays with mostly display shells. It is the most cost effective way to shoot a display. Problem is most of us either can’t afford or can’t store a large amount of mortars in preparation for one or two displays a year. If you want to shoot 1.3 fireworks in the most cost effective way, you need to invest in mortars and racks.
Fireworks are an expensive endeavor there is no doubt. To get the most bangs for your buck you are going to do best with 1.3 purchases. I usually advise people to use both 1.4 and 1.3 fireworks for a typical upscale backyard display. If you electric match more than one of the same 1.4 cake and space out the distance between the simultaneous firings it can appear very dramatic. In favor of the 1.4 category, there are certain effects in the 1.4 category you cannot get in 1.3. Be creative. Use something like strobes or fountains as fillers. They always say people only remember the opener and the finale. Always plan on having a nice finale for you display. When I design a backyard display I usually do it the opposite of the way most people would figure it would be done. I create the finale first and the opener second.

Dave,

That is not a bad way to think about setting up a display! I think I will do that with mine!

TitaniumsalTDI
03-23-2012, 11:11 AM
while we are on the subject of pricing i've been going over kellners websites 1.3 list, do they have more than whats listed on the site? and the prices for the open shoot can you buy individual shells or do you have to buy the case?

indianahx
03-23-2012, 12:06 PM
^^^^^^^case probably

jknepp1954
03-23-2012, 01:28 PM
while we are on the subject of pricing i've been going over kellners websites 1.3 list, do they have more than whats listed on the site? and the prices for the open shoot can you buy individual shells or do you have to buy the case?
I would assume what is on his list is what he has. But it wouldn't hurt to call them "just in case"...
Also call about the piece deal for 1.3. I am thinking he would probably accomodate you as long as all paperwork is submitted and you give him at least 48 hr notice. But again call to make sure.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-23-2012, 02:41 PM
I have an order in for half a dozen 3" peanut shells to see how they are. But you have to get your order in asap & have your 54 on file with them. Best thing is to call them.

J's12talk
03-23-2012, 11:57 PM

Whatever their piece price is 1.3g or 1.4g will be half off the day of the demo. As far as whats available things have changed a lot this year. Generally they don't have half of what they have listed and this year they have half of the normal stuff offered. If I have been given proper info they are already out of 1.3g 1.75" salutes and it only march. All shipments last year were late there should be plenty of product to go around at this point.

jknepp1954
03-24-2012, 05:21 AM
I don't think 1.3 piece pricing is 1/2 off - it is what it is. Just the 1.4 is 1/2 off pieces. Or at least that is what it use to be unless he has changed that now.

coachtimmyj
03-24-2012, 06:37 AM
I don't think 1.3 piece pricing is 1/2 off - it is what it is. Just the 1.4 is 1/2 off pieces. Or at least that is what it use to be unless he has changed that now.

The flyer I got said 1.4, didn't mention anything about 1.3 either. Maybe J's got an "in" with Bobby :)

PyroJoeNEPA
03-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Joyce,
I have an order in & paid for--the 1.3 stuff only on Thursday if purchased for open shoot night is at the case price--which is half of their piece price.

Pyro Nation
03-24-2012, 03:29 PM
as joe said.. it is 1/2 off the retail for both 1.3 and 1.4 thursday only

coachtimmyj
03-24-2012, 03:56 PM
Joyce,
I have an order in & paid for--the 1.3 stuff only on Thursday if purchased for open shoot night is at the case price--which is half of their piece price.

Cool, wonder if I missed it on the flyer, or if it just wasn't on there (can't remember if there was any info on the flyer or not about 1.3 at all)

oldfart
03-24-2012, 11:34 PM
To me in NH the cost difference between 1.3 and 1.4g has to include that with 1.3g I need to pull a permit from the State which requires insurance. The insurance gets expensive.
oldfart

jknepp1954
03-25-2012, 08:27 AM
6:00PM until 10:00 • Open Shooting of Consumer and Display Fireworks.
Kellner’s Customers and pyro club members are invited to blast away with some dark sky set aside just for you! Be sure to stop in early and browse the warehouse from 10AM until 6PM and purchase some product to test AT OUR DEMO NIGHT SPECIAL 50% OFF PIECE PRICES. Open shooting will be hosted by the Pennsylvania Pyro Artists Fireworks Club and will be held at our facility on Old Route 8 in Wesley, Pa. ONLY FIREWORKS PURCHASED FROM KELLNERS FIREWORKS WILL BE ALLOWED TO BE SHOT.
This is copied/pasted direct from Kellners website.
Great news for the 1.3 guys who is on a shoe string budget - yahoo!!!

J's12talk
03-25-2012, 10:53 PM
I have been going to their demo's for years and I know what's up. I know I'm hard on them but it's because I remember what they were and I miss it. Bob truly is a good guy and I love his demo weekends. The people you will meet there are the best and I look forward to it every year. I have heard that he is making changes this year in product quality, I feel this is partly due to being honest about the product that has been offered in recent years. If everyone just says yea yea everythings great nothing will change. If everyone speaks the truth about the things, changes will be made.

tgis81
03-25-2012, 11:11 PM
Thats why I got a cost of living raise at work last week. To bad its wasn't 5 to 15%

Unfortunetly, I work for the State and they froze us on our new contract, so I missed my "cost of living" raise AND my "retention" raise :( I'm effectively making less than when I started two years ago, due to extra costs put on us this last year.

BUT... I will still ration money for fireworks!!! You can bet your ass on that.

Pyro Nation
03-26-2012, 02:25 AM
Unfortunetly, I work for the State and they froze us on our new contract, so I missed my "cost of living" raise AND my "retention" raise :( I'm effectively making less than when I started two years ago, due to extra costs put on us this last year.

BUT... I will still ration money for fireworks!!! You can bet your ass on that.

Not quite same as you, but company told us no cost of living raise this year... Thankfully I paid for a bunch of items already and just need to pick them up over next few weeks coming up....

Gonna have to pick up a few side jobs to make up rest of money for my addiction..lol