PDA

View Full Version : interview over got the license!

TitaniumsalTDI
03-21-2012, 12:30 PM
The inspector just left and she said I should get the permit in the mail in 7-14 days. everything went very smooth and was very simple, because I do not have storage. But with that said thank you to all on these message boards for advice and support.

Pyro Nation
03-21-2012, 02:21 PM
AWESOME..... Time for PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is what the forum is for... To better enhance our industry / hobby with more people with better knowledge. Together we are strong...LOL

KHeffner
03-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Way to go....CONGRATS

UniversalPyro
03-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Congrats!!! Great to hear.

J's12talk
03-21-2012, 09:07 PM
Hope to see you at Kellners demo.

displayfireworks1
03-21-2012, 09:31 PM
First off congratulations on getting your ATF license to purchase 1.3 fireworks. I hope all the people that keep perpetuating the rumors that it is very difficult to get an ATF 1.3 fireworks license in Ohio hear this man story. He lives in Ohio and is getting his license. I keep telling people the “State” cannot stop you from obtaining a license to purchase 1.3 fireworks. The Federal Government handles the entire procedure.
If you can make it to Kellner’s Fireworks for their demo I would advise you to purchase some 1.3 fireworks and shoot them off on “Open Shoot Night” Thursday April 19, 2012 to celebrate. When you receive your license, they advise people not to sign the license. Which always seemed weird to me, they tell you to sign a copy of license when you give it to the distributor you are purchasing fireworks from. I would also fax a copy of the license to Kellner’s Fireworks if that is the distributor that helped you obtain the license. This way if you attend the demo and want to purchase 1.3 fireworks to shoot on open shoot night they will already have you in the computer system. Kellners Fireworks fax number is 814-786-7254. Since you are new at this when you want to order 1.3 fireworks, you cannot just show up and order them for immediate pick up. Most 1.3 fireworks distributors including Kellners fireworks want at least a 48 hours notice prior to pick up. If you fax your license it will expedite things.

Palermitano2
03-21-2012, 09:57 PM
The inspector just left and she said I should get the permit in the mail in 7-14 days. everything went very smooth and was very simple, because I do not have storage. But with that said thank you to all on these message boards for advice and support.

Congrats Great timing season is just around the corner. I have 1 question you wrote because I dont have storage is that typo?

indianahx
03-21-2012, 10:14 PM
No....I'm sure what he means is he has contingency and not the whole magazine inspection/logging/yada yada....just assuming....

coachtimmyj
03-21-2012, 10:15 PM
When you receive your license, they advise people not to sign the license. Which always seemed weird to me, they tell you to sign a copy of license when you give it to the distributor you are purchasing fireworks from

I think the reason they advise this is there are a few distributors out there who will not take a copy, only accepting original signature. What I advise guys is to make a copy before signing and sign the original. This way if someone won't accept a copy of your signature you can always make a copy from your copy. Make sense?

Good info on the 48 hrs advance notice since almost everyone I know requires this due to the fact it takes time to dig through several magazines of product to pull the order and many times they are located in different areas of the facility.

everything went very smooth and was very simple, because I do not have storage.

You know it's funny how this part works with the ATF. If you have your own storage when you apply, it can take quite a bit longer to get everything approved, but if you wait until you have your license, you can start putting product in it within 7 days of notifying the ATF you now have storage unless they specifically tell you not to. When we put the mag in here at the farm, the ATF never inspected (although we did provide them with a very thorough package of details as to how we built it, including construction and finished pictures) until about a year later when we had the first inspection. State of MD had to come out and approve before we could use it, but we had permission from the ATF 7 days after filing. Go figure.

jknepp1954
03-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Good info on the 48 hrs advance notice since almost everyone I know requires this due to the fact it takes time to dig through several magazines of product to pull the order and many times they are located in different areas of the facility.
Many times they are also located many miles offsite from your 1.3 distributor as well - maybe even into the neighbouring state.

TitaniumsalTDI
03-22-2012, 09:46 AM
first off the interview like everyone said was more or less like an information session more than anything and it was quick and painless. dave you are absolutly right the state cannot stop you from getting the permit and the inspector was quick to point out a lot of the rules don't apply to a person shooting a private backyard show. and being that i have contingency storage she was quick and to the point about not having the fireworks in my possession more than 24 hours. she did ask me if i had an ohio exhibitors license and i said no and she said pretty much it is up to me to get it but for a not for profit back yard display its not necessary. the whole thing lasted maybe 45 mins and most of the time we were talking about people that want type 54 licenses for the wrong reasons, or have no concept of how powerful 1.3 fireworks are. and we also were talking about dogs. but all in all it was well worth it. i will be at kellners on the 19th i have a few questions about the open shoot? do they supply the mortars or do i bring them? can i use my wireless system to test out also? if someone can tell me the format for shooting 1.3 in the open shoot it would be greatly appreciated!

PyroJoeNEPA
03-22-2012, 10:12 AM
Congrats!!! Great to hear all went well. As far as the open shoot at Kellners--you will need your own mortars. They do not supply anything except the space! There will, most likely, be several of us there shooting that will have racks--what size shells were you planning on shooting? It is possible someone will allow you to use their guns.
Also, look us up & say Hi! There will be a bunch of us there. If you look on the Kellner's site at the 2012 Demo page, down under the "Past Demo's" 2011 on the top row of pictures, third pic from the left I am the big guy in the blue jeans, black jacket & black "POW-MIA" hat.

KHeffner
03-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Congrats. Have fun!

indianahx
03-22-2012, 12:05 PM
first off the interview like everyone said was more or less like an information session more than anything and it was quick and painless. dave you are absolutly right the state cannot stop you from getting the permit and the inspector was quick to point out a lot of the rules don't apply to a person shooting a private backyard show. and being that i have contingency storage she was quick and to the point about not having the fireworks in my possession more than 24 hours. she did ask me if i had an ohio exhibitors license and i said no and she said pretty much it is up to me to get it but for a not for profit back yard display its not necessary. the whole thing lasted maybe 45 mins and most of the time we were talking about people that want type 54 licenses for the wrong reasons, or have no concept of how powerful 1.3 fireworks are. and we also were talking about dogs. but all in all it was well worth it. i will be at kellners on the 19th i have a few questions about the open shoot? do they supply the mortars or do i bring them? can i use my wireless system to test out also? if someone can tell me the format for shooting 1.3 in the open shoot it would be greatly appreciated!

First off, I sincerely hope EVERY SINGLE PERSON who is in the process of applying reads what you said right off the bat. "the interview was just like everyone said....information session.". There is no "interview". There is no "interview". This is a perfect, recent, testemant that the "interview" is a laid back approach for the atf to just chat with you about what you're getting into, so now you can RELAX, kick back, and not worry about them barging into your house and drilling you to death.

Second, I'm not 100% positive I would believe what your agent said about private backyard shows. I'm not from Ohio. I do not know. But what I do know is that maybe if you had another agent there you might get a different answer. So be sure you do an extensive amount of your own research/homework and not just follow the beat of one drum and assume.....if that makes sense.

Finally, Congrats again. Not sure if you've mentioned it or not but now would be a great time to get into a shooter course and bring your license with you to fire some off afterwards.