PDA

View Full Version : Going to go for Type 54 Question on Storage for PA

KHeffner
03-20-2012, 10:27 PM
I have been a member here for about a year, just never really posted anything. I was just trying to read up and get as much information as a could. I am going to begin the process of applying for my Type 54. I plan on purchasing Dave's video in the next week or so, but have a question on Storage in PA.

I live near Allentown, PA and was wondering if any guys from that area could message me on who or where you use for a storage facility.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Pyro Nation
03-20-2012, 10:43 PM
PM sent to you Heffner

U will be better off unless you have your own in mind to getting a contingency letter from a 1.3 company. In the PM I sent was info I and others in our area have used

displayfireworks1
03-20-2012, 11:16 PM
You are located near one of my advertisers. All of my 1.3 fireworks distributors have agreed to help anyone that purchases my ATF license video. However, remember the same people that help you are going to be the same people you purchase your fireworks from. The documentation they give you will state something to that effect.
The advertiser nearest you is International Pyrotechnic Importers, visit my sponsor page. It sounds like you need some education about the process. Order my video package and application and you will have a complete understanding of the process.
Order my video package
http://www.pyrotalk.com/shopping.php

KHeffner
03-20-2012, 11:19 PM
Thank you very much Dave. I will be ordering it soon.

coachtimmyj
03-21-2012, 09:19 PM
Isn't IPI located in Carrolltown? If so, that's an over 4 hr hike from Allentown, not exactly the best scenerio for contingency storage. KHeffner, look for a display company within a two hour drive from your shoot site. One thing to remember with contingency storage is you MUST be able to return the product to the legal storage facility if something happens and you cannot shoot it. Plus, you must pick up the day of your shoot as well. So, in this case, if you were to choose IPI, you would have to make a 4 hr drive out the morning of the 4th (provided you are shooting on the 4th), a 4 hr drive back to your shoot site (assuming your shoot site is somewhere in Allentown area) and then make another 4 hr trip back in the middle of the night and hope someone will still be there to let you in to return any unshot product (unless you are going to stay up all night guarding the product). Don't anyone take this as a knock on IPI, I just think sometimes guys are so quick to get their license they take whatever contingency they can get but don't think about the what ifs that can happen to prevent you from shooting the product.

Of course, maybe you're not shooting in the Allentown area or maybe IPI has a satellite mag closer to you which you can use, I'm just saying to make sure you think about all the factors involved when choosing a company to do contingency with. Every year, the ATF is doing more and more "spot checks" on guys with contingency to crack down on those picking up product early and storing illegally or holding on to unfired product after the 4th. Just don't want anyone to get caught up into something which could end up making things tougher on everyone else.

pyro1361
03-21-2012, 09:45 PM
CoachTimmy IPI is not located in Carroltown, We are located in NEPA Just outside of Wilkes-Barre PA. Just to clear everything up Because I still get questions about where we are located. We moved out of the carroltown location over a year ago. If anybody needs info or has any questions for IPI please email me at zach@pyroimports.
We are working on a new website as well, our Demo is MAY 12th email me for info.

UniversalPyro
03-21-2012, 09:48 PM
Pyro, you need to open up in Western PA also!!!!!

coachtimmyj
03-21-2012, 09:55 PM
CoachTimmy IPI is not located in Carroltown, We are located in NEPA Just outside of Wilkes-Barre PA. Just to clear everything up Because I still get questions about where we are located. We moved out of the carroltown location over a year ago. If anybody needs info or has any questions for IPI please email me at zach@pyroimports.
We are working on a new website as well, our Demo is MAY 12th email me for info.

Thank you sir, exactly why I asked at the beginning of my post because I wasn't sure, plus I know lots of companies have small satellite mags spread around as well. Looks like you guys might be a good option for the OP then. You and I have emailed back and forth a few times (at least I'm assuming it's you), why didn't you tell me you guys moved? lol. Like I said in my post, wasn't meaning any disrespect to you guys at all, my point was there are a lot of guys who don't think about the exact things I was talking about in my post. I know one guy whose contingency is almost 5 hrs from his shoot site and everything was fine for a few years until the dreaded rainstorm came in on the night of the 4th and he was screwed. Just throwing out some food for thought, hope it wasn't taken any other way.

jknepp1954
03-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Just be thankful IPI is up in Wilkesbarre - no really all that far for fine 1.3 product. I never really heard of a company having multiple "sales" locations in one state - I would say pm pyro about if they would happen to have those "satellites" that coach was referring to...
Also OP - pm is sent to you for other info.

indianahx
03-21-2012, 10:17 PM
Lynch is based in cincy but has a satellite on my Indiana side....

coachtimmyj
03-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Just be thankful IPI is up in Wilkesbarre - no really all that far for fine 1.3 product. I never really heard of a company having multiple "sales" locations in one state - I would say pm pyro about if they would happen to have those "satellites" that coach was referring to...
Also OP - pm is sent to you for other info.

Doesn't have to be a sales location in order to grant contingency. I know one company in PA which has satellites all over the region. My first contingency letter came from them since they had a satellite magazine in Southern Maryland. The company I worked for over the past 3 years had satellite mags in 17 states. American has a satellite mag in Fredericksburg, VA. So on and so forth.

KHeffner
03-22-2012, 01:31 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. I did make contact with IPI and they are only a little over an hour away from me.

Easternpapyro
03-22-2012, 07:44 PM
ok so you found storage i take it? there is a company located just outside of allentown

crackerbomb
03-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Lynch is based in cincy but has a satellite on my Indiana side....

where at in Indiana?

indianahx
03-22-2012, 07:48 PM
where at in Indiana?

I'm due west of indy about 5 miles or so from 465 in Avon. It's roughly 80 miles for me south east....not 100% positive right now