PDA

View Full Version : The passing of a loved one

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 09:26 PM
My mom passed away today. She had been in decline for a while and now she is at peace at last with no more worrys. She got to see her 88th birthday and was able to die at home with dignity. She loved fireworks and was always at the kitchen window when we were testing product. We knew it was coming but it didn't make it any easier. I've been through a lot in my life but this is by far the toughest to deal with. For those that still have their moms make sure you call them and let them know how much you love them.

indianahx
03-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. you going to shoot anything in memoriam for her???

Palermitano2
03-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Sorry for your loss bro! Its not easy...not a day goes by that I dont think of my dad. We must believe they are in a better place.....

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 09:45 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss. you going to shoot anything in memoriam for her???

We're going to have a party this summer in her honor, hoping to get a permit and blow the sky apart. They don't make a salute big enough for how I feel.

coachtimmyj
03-15-2012, 09:52 PM
My prayers go out to you and the rest of your family. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like your mom lived a full life and passed on her own terms, the rest of us can only hope to do the same.

crackerbomb
03-15-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm praying for you and your family.

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Sorry for your loss bro! Its not easy...not a day goes by that I dont think of my dad. We must believe they are in a better place.....

They are there and are probably shaking their heads at us. Remembering things like but mom it wasn't that be a salute I'll get the front loader out and fill in the hole and the neighbors chickens wern't laying eggs anyway.

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 10:05 PM
My prayers go out to you and the rest of your family. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like your mom lived a full life and passed on her own terms, the rest of us can only hope to do the same.
Thanks coach.

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 10:06 PM
I'm praying for you and your family.

Thank you as well cracker.

Palermitano2
03-15-2012, 10:12 PM
They are there and are probably shaking their heads at us. Remembering things like but mom it wasn't that be a salute I'll get the front loader out and fill in the hole and the neighbors chickens wern't laying eggs anyway.

So true ! not to sound like a freak but my dad died in 03 and since the day he died I havent drank an espresso. Every so often i will be in a random place like the basement or driving and I will smell espresso and I know he is around.........

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 10:19 PM
So true ! not to sound like a freak but my dad died in 03 and since the day he died I havent drank an espresso. Every so often i will be in a random place like the basement or driving and I will smell espresso and I know he is around.........

I hope that I experience something like that myself. If not I know I will never forget the most important things about her, in a way I am her just as you are your father.

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 10:28 PM
I lost my father about 16 years ago and to this very day much of what I do is based on what he tought me. On his death bed I promised to take care of mom and I have done so to the very end from changing her diaper to giving her insulin and morphine. No regretes head held high. Still hurts like hell.

Palermitano2
03-15-2012, 10:46 PM
Its gonna hurt It always gets worse before it gets better just remember she is not in pain and she is with your dad.....

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 11:03 PM
Its gonna hurt It always gets worse before it gets better just remember she is not in pain and she is with your dad.....

Thank you.

J's12talk
03-16-2012, 12:21 AM

Guys like you are what give me strength, thank you for your thoughts. Within the company I shoot for we might have or might not been marines but any given day we might lose one of our own and knowing that we are a family first person or not WE ARE ONE! and yres I have been drinking, would'nt you?

J's12talk
03-16-2012, 12:36 AM
Dave you have been online all night what do you have to say on this topic. I know that your no spring chicken but times like this need to have a leader.You know me and I would like to hear from you. I have worked hard to help your dream come true.

pyrocrazy
03-16-2012, 12:53 AM
Sorry for loss bud!

jknepp1954
03-16-2012, 05:57 AM
Jay - I feel so sad for you. There are really no words that can express what you are going thru. Just from the few years I have known you - you have always loved your mother dearly. My mom went to be with the Lord 8 1/2 years ago - I still miss being able to just pick up the phone and say "hey mom - I love you!"
You will get through this - God Bless you Jay. Our prayers are with you bud...

PyroJoeNEPA
03-16-2012, 09:23 AM
Jay, my sincerest sympathy goes out to you and the rest of your family. You will be in our prayers for strength & peace thru the days ahead. I know it is really hard right now, but it will get better with time. I lost my Dad in 2001 and my mom way back in 1979--she was only 52 but cancer got her. I miss them both dearly and it blesses me when I hear people talk about things they do with the parents they still have. Oh, for just another day with them---but that day will come when the Lord sees fit to take me home.
Be strong, my brother. You are not alone. If you want to talk--anytime--you have my phone number.
For the last couple years I always took a shell & wrote the names of my family & friends that had passes on it & shot it in memorial of them in my July 4th weekend. Filled up a 3" shell with names--this year it will be a Yung Feng 4" Willow & it will say "Jay's Mom" on it with the rest of the names. Hang in there!

J's12talk
03-16-2012, 10:31 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. Day 2 is starting out with severe hangover and I appologize for any ranting last night.

pyro man 205
03-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Jay, sorry to here this i've read all the post and it has me happy and sad, tear eyed. MOM's and DAD's are most influencs ones in are life. as we grow up through life some times we for get the small things in life that they have done for us till it is to late. i've done in home care and when you been helping that person for 4 years you do get close to theam. they are like your owen mom or dad, when they past yes it does hurt a lot. till this day i still hurt,and when i talk about that person i still get choked up. but we all make to the next day. and painting the sky is one way to remember them. i call my mom and dad at lease 2 times a week. you will be ok my prayers are with you.

Easternpapyro
03-17-2012, 08:33 AM
im sorry for your loss j ive lost family and freinds before and i dont think theres anything in the world that can make it easier but i also thought to myself that there are not in pain anymore and are in a better place if you need anything you no what to do

pyro92
03-17-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.

UniversalPyro
03-17-2012, 10:39 PM
Hi Jay, Sorry for your loss of your mother, stay strong, you and your family will be in my prayers.

Pyro Nation
03-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Stay strong.. Know that there are your fellow pyro brothers here for you. Will be a memorial KELLNERS DEMO when we all can meet up. Prayers and thoughts are out to you and your family.

J's12talk
03-18-2012, 09:09 PM
A big thanks to all of you for your kind words and support. Trying to focus on the upcoming demo and shoot season to keep me going.

hokester44
03-18-2012, 10:43 PM
J, my sympathies to you and your family.