PDA

View Full Version : storing lances

TitaniumsalTDI
03-07-2012, 04:22 PM
If I do in fact get approved for my permit I would like to build a set piece what are the ATF rules for storing them and can you get a variance to build a mini mag to store lances in?

J's12talk
03-07-2012, 10:55 PM
If I do in fact get approved for my permit I would like to build a set piece what are the ATF rules for storing them and can you get a variance to build a mini mag to store lances in?
They're going to want that set piece in a mag until the day of the shoot or your going to have to build it on site the day of the shoot. Lances need to be stored in a licensed mag one form or another. There are guidelines for indoor mags, it is something that can be done in many states yours might not be one of them. Ohio has some odd rules and regs.

coachtimmyj
03-14-2012, 06:38 AM
You cannot receive a variance for storage in OH, there are only so many allowed and they are all taken. Sorry.

PyroJoeNEPA
03-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Hey coach--good to see you here! Welcome to the forum.

J's12talk
03-14-2012, 11:30 PM

Well said!

J's12talk
03-14-2012, 11:32 PM
You cannot receive a variance for storage in OH, there are only so many allowed and they are all taken. Sorry.

Ohio is kind of making NY look good. They do have some friendlier rules but this is not one of them.

coachtimmyj
03-15-2012, 09:42 PM

Thanks Joe, you know me, wherever there are fireworks or talk of fireworks...

Ohio is kind of making NY look good. They do have some friendlier rules but this is not one of them.

Wouldn't go that far, but yes, OH does have some tough hoops to jump through in order to shoot legally.

Palermitano2
03-15-2012, 09:49 PM

Plus 1.......

J's12talk
03-15-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks Joe, you know me, wherever there are fireworks or talk of fireworks...

Wouldn't go that far, but yes, OH does have some tough hoops to jump through in order to shoot legally.
Ok maybe NY is the center of hell but this should make everyone feel better about what their states have to offer.

oldfart
03-24-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes Coach glad to see you here. Just can't hide from you anyplace....

oldfart

coachtimmyj
03-25-2012, 06:41 AM
Yes Coach glad to see you here. Just can't hide from you anyplace....

oldfart

Maybe I came here to hide myself ;)