PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone through New York states license process

rcerone1979
03-06-2012, 08:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone has gone through New Yorks licensure process in getting their license and/or permit. If so any advice or insight.

J's12talk
03-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Number one take a PGI certification course, number two start working for a pyro company, number three take the NY state certificate of competence civil servant test for class B operator, number four apply for your NY state own and possess explosives license, number five apply for your federal type 54 permit, number six good luck.You will also want to get a CDL hazmat drivers license, this will help you get a job with a pyro company. There are many people in other states that have their type 54 permit that have no real understanding or experience in the field and thats not good. By the time you get one in NY you will truly know what you are doing with the experience to back it up.

Pyro Nation
03-06-2012, 10:51 PM
I was waiting for J to chime in...LOL Since I know he went through the pain and agony of it all

rcerone1979
03-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I am assuming all in that order, lol. Does it matter if you have your federal type 54 permit first? as I have plans of doing open shoots outside New York.

J's12talk
03-07-2012, 10:32 PM
I am assuming all in that order, lol. Does it matter if you have your federal type 54 permit first? as I have plans of doing open shoots outside New York.

You can try that angle but the state trumps the fed and the states more than likely going to want you to play ball their way. If you can do it all the power to you.

Pyro Nation
03-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Or the next step Just move out of NYS and to a friendlier pyro place

J's12talk
03-07-2012, 11:30 PM
Or the next step Just move out of NYS and to a friendlier pyro place

This state makes me need the twelve step program. Love my country hate my government, still they're all we have. Damn!